xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BitShift

Free Flash Software

Hey guys is there any flash software that is very light and free?I have PHP-Nuke installed on my website and the main banner at the top is a flash file instead of a regular image file.So I need a decent flash creating software.Or if there is a method of directly transforming pictures into flash files. ( It is a still, non-moving picture ).Thanks for the feedback... BitShift

Hey guys is there any flash software that is very light and free?
I have PHP-Nuke installed on my website and the main banner at the top is a flash file instead of a regular image file.
So I need a decent flash creating software.
Or if there is a method of directly transforming pictures into flash files. ( It is a still, non-moving picture ).
Thanks for the feedback... BitShift

I don't know of any light-weight ones. If all you need to do is convert a normal image to an swf of the same dimensions
you can post it here and I would be happy to convert it for you. It only takes a minute.

Have you tried this? http://www.mtasc.org/
It free, open source actionscript compiler so should do what you need I think.

Good Luck!

I think that MTASC is more Actionscript (the scripting language used in Macromedia/Adobe Flash) based. I don't think it is designed for graphics. Most graphic applications should have the ability to convert images into SWF files. However, if you need advanced features in Flash, you may as buy Flash (the price depends if you buy Basic or Professional and also if you buy as a educational user).

For all I know, I think you can download a full trial version of Flash from Macromedia, fully functional for 30 days, and you can do whatever you want with it. I don't know about the Photoshop solution, I use Photoshop 7 and it doesn't have that option, maybe a newer version does. But buying Photoshop for converting a single image I don't think it's ok...Another option could be to try and change the PHP-Nuke header script so that you can add an image instead of a SWF file, so you can put there any image you have.