xisto Community
Vyoma

I Think I Am Going To Loose My Adsense Account Some fool clicke on it like there was no tomorrow.

I know google doesn't care about what I do. When I first got my Adsense account approved, it was for a really TERRIBLE site, with a background made in M$ paint!! It has basically just been sitting earning nothing, but my point is that Google will accept practically anything! Also, i *have* clicked my ads from time to time, and never got an email. I even forgot once and had a page up for a few days asking people to click them as a joke, and Google didn't even send me an email. I think once you start to get more traffic or $ google starts to care, because a friend of mine had a forum and I posted asking people to click his ads (technically I am allowed to do that), but because google couldn't verify completely that it wasn't him the GoogleBot on his site detected it and sent him an email. Good thing he wasn't banned though, it was my webhost!So the moral of this story is that Google doesn't care what you do when you start out, but don't let it shock you once you start to earn anything if they come down on you!

I think once you start to get more traffic or $ google starts to care

Exactly. Even though it might seems easy to get to 100 dollars, it's rather hard to get that money sent to you. Most people that get denied recieve the mail after they acquire 100 dollars. By the way, my site was crappy, too, and I'm suprised it got accepted. But it's important that you improve it all the time, since that's the only way you will earn money and not get banned.

One thing though - I do not have the money earned from Google anywhere around 100$ mark. I am somewhere around 25$. (I think I can disclose that without violating the Adsense TOS because one can disclose their gross earnings per day, but not the specific details like Click Through Rate and eCPM and such things).Anyway, I have my account balance somewhere around 25$, and the rate I am going, it is going to take a long way before I get to the 100$ mark. But I think, they sent me a mail because, earlier I had brought my website under scrutiny purposefully because I suspected foul play in the logs. May be that brought in scrutiny from Google or that actually saved my account from being out rightly banned and not warned. Anyway, I did get a mail from them about it. I think it was due to a website I joined called LinkReferral - I have removed all links from there to my sites and according to my logs I do not get any pings from there.So the reason why I got that mail from them is pretty dubious, but I think I should be satisfied that the account is still holding. Talking about the site that got me approved for Adsense - ha! It was some personal site I had setup at Geocities or some thing like that. I do not even know if that site still exists because it has been long since abandoned. (OK. I checked up now, and it exists - yuck! I am ashamed of myself). It generated some dollars out of the Adsense that showed some Diablo item trading site advertisements on a page where I had put down my experience in playing the game. Time changed, I moved on, and the Adsense account remained dormant for quite some time.Then, I started blogging. I started of with one at Blogger, and then had several - and it all had Google Adsense ads. It took quite sometime for me to stabilize, and move to another blog host, and finally have a decent blog (http://www.blogcharm.com/splat/). Of course, I required a page to put all my miscellaneous stuff on the net, and I have been using my Google Pages for that for quite some time now. And for the past few months, I got a domain name (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) for myself, and set up this website that should soon be having quite a handful of articles on various topics using the Xisto account. It has been earning around two dollars every month last three times. (I know - it is pretty low, but as I said before, it does not yet, as of now, have much content).A couple of days back, I got a Google Analytics account. I have been running it for WiseTome, and am collecting some data on it. I get traffic mostly from signatures I leave around, or search engines. I am trying to analyze on the keywords that come in, and try to give more content based on that.

Talking about the site that got me approved for Adsense - ha! It was some personal site I had setup at Geocities or some thing like that.

That's the thing that suprises me the most. While people complain all the time about their sites being denied, stupid sites such as mine (or your, I guess) get accepted just like that. Not to mention that my site had about 7 pages when I applied, and the title was "Information with absolutely no use". If I were in Google, that would definitely get denied!

Would you be so kind to give us the link to your Geocities web site ;) We won't laugh, I promise :D

Promise me you wont laugh! No seriously - it is pathetic and I feel so stupid now. It looks so shabby, but when I created it - I thought it was pretty decent looking.

URL: https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

It had only the main page and another page (https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/games.html) hosted at Geocities.
Another page was for the RPG character I had that I placed at AngelFire (http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vyoma/).

Please do not laugh.

I think Google Adsense were a bit leniant earlier when they were accepting publishers. I got in early and they might not have had much of quality control in place.

Edited by Vyoma (see edit history)

I think Google Adsense were a bit leniant earlier when they were accepting publishers. I got in early and they might not have had much of quality control in place.

I think you are right. Now that they have more users and more people earning a lot of money, they are trying to limit the service so that it accepts only quality web sites. Not to mention how many people are trying to cheat the system.

Unfortunately for us (honest users), Google suspects everyone cheats nowadays if he/she has a good revenue. But again, Google is fair, so everything can be worked out. If your account does get deleted, there must be a very good reason for that.

As for your site :o It's quite nice-looking, but I'm sure it would get denied if you applied today :D So would mine - I would show you what site got me accepted, but it has been in the recycle been for some time now ;)

The only reason I can think of my account getting banned (if it does), is because of the history of some traffic through LinkReferral. As I said, I have completely removed it, and the traffic to my site is completely organic (from search engines) or referral(the links in email signatures I send) according to the Google Analytics. Surprisingly, my income (however less that might be) has not actually decreased because of that. As they say, Content really must be the king.I think I should bring down this geocities site too before it causes me more embarrassment. But the only problem is I do not exactly remember the password and such things. Oh boy! It will take quite some effort to wipe that thing off the face of cyber world. :D

Old topic? I don't think so! The last reply dates on August 23rd, and that's four days ago! If you read through the topic, he did get a warning, but everything got worked out, and now he's making some really nice sums through Adsense :D

Old topic? I don't think so! The last reply dates on August 23rd, and that's four days ago! If you read through the topic, he did get a warning, but everything got worked out, and now he's making some really nice sums through Adsense :)

:) Nice sums through Adsense. Yeah right.

:D Well, considering the effort I am putting into it, I am making quite good amounts. (About 2 dollars per month). I just have to get myself to sit down and put in more content there. I think, that should gradually scale up the earnings.

(About 2 dollars per month)

That's a fair amount in my opinion, and is approximately the same as mine earnings. Nevertheless, I though you are earning more, for example 5 dollars per month, since you said you have got around 25 dollars at the moment. So, how long have you been participating in the AdSense program? I was approved on March 1st this year, and have earned 6.24 dollars since then. That's six months, so I've been earning a dollar per month :) Poor me :)

That's a fair amount in my opinion, and is approximately the same as mine earnings. Nevertheless, I though you are earning more, for example 5 dollars per month, since you said you have got around 25 dollars at the moment. So, how long have you been participating in the AdSense program? I was approved on March 1st this year, and have earned 6.24 dollars since then. That's six months, so I've been earning a dollar per month :) Poor me :)

To be honest I do not actually remember when I started using Adsense. It was about the time when I started creating webpages, creating my webpresense - during which time, Adsense I think came into market, or atleast I think I came to know of.

Now that you asked, I went and checked the earning history and my oldest earning dates back to the month of September 2004. I earned about 0.17$. Soon, I did put it up at various places (as I said in some earlier post) like blogs and such, and until May 2006, I had earned around 19.5$. In one particular month I had got as much as 8$ and in another one, as low as 0.04$. But this was all when I did not actually concentrate on Adsense revenue.

I think of my Adsense earnings - my true start - somewhere around June 2006. This was the time when I focused on the Adsense I placed at my websites: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://www.blogcharm.com/splat/, and k.mahesh.bhat.googlepages.com. The other two sites are nominal, and I do not get much traffic. But for WiseTome, I am getting traffic, and that alone has made around 2 dollars per month for me, for the past three months.

And do not worry about that 1$ per month. I would just worry about optimizing the ads - that is placing it at decent places and then forget about it altogether. Just go on putting content where your passion lies - that way, as you get more content and traffic, there will be a proportionate increase in revenue - or so I think. :D

Anyway, could you show me your site where you have put up the Adsense ads?

Hmmm, Iv'e been with them for well not sure how long, maybe 7/8 months and they have sent a check out sometime this month, just waiting for it.The nice thing is, is that I'm aussie and it gets converted from US to AUD (which means more monies for me *evil smile*).

Ha ha. That way I should be more happy when I get the money. Because I live in India and it is supposed to get converted to Indian Rupees, and from the conversion rates that I know of, it is much greater that what it is for US Dollars to Ausie.But it actually does not matter - one is after all getting the same value.