xisto Community
Quatrux

Google Sitemaps anyonme use it?

Yes, I use google site maps and i find it to be very helpful. 1. Your site gets indexed very fast, 2. You can see live stats on how your site is doing. 3. If you make any updates, just re-submit your sitemap and you get re-crawled withing 24 hours. I find it very helpful and i would suggest everyone to use it.

I think I understood where my problem was, I was uploading a file to verify my site, but just for "fun" in that file I also added some html with the meta tag to verify it, so something happened. Today I thought to use only the meta tag and I was successful to verify my site.. That thing with my error in my opinion can be fixed, its a little bit what I could call "bad programming" :unsure:

I am embarassed to say this but I completely forgot about Google Sitemaps (I once used it or tryed to) and completely forgot that I could have just google searched for the url.....It really never seemed to do anything for me though, I followed their instructions and checked it regularly for about 2 months, never got any sort of statistics or anything.Is there some trick to this?

Yea I use it.
Im not sure how much better it makes your site crawling, but its simple to make so I do it for all my sites.

There is a great debate regarding effectiveness of Google Sitemap. Couple of months ago, I got to hear lots of voices against the sitemap feature. But now I can hear ( also in this thread ) more voices in support of the Google Sitemap.

Sitemap feature was introduced to enhace the crawling of your website. However, so far as indexing goes, to the best of my knowledge, it can do little better. It is the quality of the webpage that is the sole point of consideration whether a page will be indexed in Google or not.

I have seen/heard about many upgradation of this feature. It allows you to check your robots.txt file apart from providing you some web-statistics updated periodically. Oflate, it allows you to specify whether the www or non-www version of your webpages will be indexed in Google. Though I've not tested this very feature till date, but expectedly will be doing so in near future.

Meanwhile, if anyone of you have tried out that feature please let us know, how far effective it is.

Hey take a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (my personal site) and go to the online tools section, there you will find my little google sitemap generator tool (online of course).

Or if you want to see an actual in use example just navigate to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

The online tool I made is based off my working sitemap.xml file so either one will help you build your own.

" " Since i have my site redirected thru co.nr .. adding my redirected address for verification isnt possible, but adding my Xisto domain verifies properly. I did both .." "I have the same problem, I cant verify my site on google site maps, I dont know what is wrong! :SCan anybody tell me if it´s possible verify a site with the free domain .co.nr ?http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.