xisto Community
mustra

Rubik's Cube, How Many Faces Do You Do ?

problem solving the 3X3 cubeRubik's Cube, How Many Faces Do You Do ?

I used to solve the rubix cube without any problems and at times without much looking at it (best time was 2.23 minutes).. It was back in the early 80s'. My method was first fixing the four top corners and then the bottom cornerns. I would then fit in the crosses. I have forgotton that way. Has any one got the solution as per the above method?

Samagora 

-reply by samagora

I also performed this in the 80's, my time was also about 2'15''. Of course in order to do this you must not have a look at the cube, because this would make you loose seconds.And of course I stopped, fully disgusted when I saw the World champion's performance, he did the thing in less than 30 seconds. Because he did not follow my algorithm, he had a look at the configuration in order to find the fastest algorithm.

There are milions of people who can solve the rubiks cube by the begginers method which is about 1 to 6 minutes (my record with the begginers method is 59 sec. But there are about 200,000 people who can solve the cube using the speed solving method (for example the fridricks method) which is about between 7,08 (world record) and 20 seconds (I'm one of the 200,000).

Thank you for your attention.

Ivan Glas