xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Amd64 Or Intel 64 AMD64 or Intel 64 CPU choice for future

which do you wanna chose for future when you wanna bought a PC  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, AMD64 seems to be better... but Intel processors are still new. And software aren't optimized for this architecture so it's very difficult to get a real winner for the moment. I hope 64bit can replace 32bit fast...

I was impressed with the AMD64... straight out of the box it's running cooler than my 32-bit AMD. I haven't seen a huge performance difference, but I imagine it will be noticeable as we start seeing stuff that's optimized for the 64-bit processors.It's an Opteron 3000... the 32-bit is a 2800+ of some description.

i have a p4 3.0ghz hyper threading processor and i'm happy with it. i can max out any game and have no interest in the 64 bit amd processors. i had a amd processor before, 2.0ghz but i figured i would try a pentium this time and i'm happy with it :)

In the future I will chose the Intel pentium. It's just because that intel prosessors are stronger and more stabil.  :)

63626[/snapback]

You want to prove this? lol...

I'm an AMD guy myself, and I have the AMD 64 3500+. I'd say that the AMd procesors may be a better choice for now because they've been around longer, but who knows.

Cut what about the multiprocessor cell chip being designed? While it won't be running windows, there's possibilities for an apple or linux machine running it. And of course, it will be on the ps3.

Intel stronger and more stable? You want the three pretty purple Intel 64's I have on my desk? All of which caved like tinfoil under the weight of running webservers? Or would you like my AMD Athlon 64x2 dual-core, which is still pounding out quality service, even though its OLDER than the Intels that died? I am CRAZY about AMDs 64 bit processors...and their dual-cores are simply the best out there for the price.