xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GoranCro

What Do You Think Of My New Laptop (Sager 5720) Sager 5720

So I recently got a nice gaming laptop. It has pushed everything I've thrown at it. Tell me what you guys think! I'm terribly sorry for the bad pictures. Also be warned that the pics are VERY big so 56k'ers be careful!

The Specs:

Sager 5720-C Configuration:

Pentium M 1.86 GHz Sonoma 533MHz

17" WSXGA+ LCD (Glossy WideScreen 1680 X 1050)

nVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX

2048MB 533DDR2 (2x1024)

80GB 5400RPM SATA

8x DVD+- combo drive with DVD+R DL

56K RJ11 Phone Modem

10/100/1000 NIC

Windows XP Professional

Lithium-Ion Battery (8cell)

Basic Black business case

AC Adapter w/ Power Cord

Intel PRO/Wireless A+B+G

Built-in 4-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MSPRO/SD/MMC)

The Benchmarks:

3DMark05: 6771 @ stock

Posted Image

Counter-Strike Source: 102.88 fps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice, 2048 MB of memory on a laptop! I usually ***** to people how little RAM they have, well can't do that to you.Sorry can't comment on the 3DMark results. I used to play around with a lot but haven't done so in years. By the way, how much this beast weights?

Very very nice. Have you tried Tomb Raider Lost Legends with Next Gen content turned on? That should push your system quite a bit.FEAR should also be a good challenge.

The beast weights only around 8.6 lbs. I can put my mousepad, mouse, small headphones, laptop, AC adapter and some cd's in my case and carry it with ease. So it dosent bother me much at all. Sure its not a laptop to hold in your lap but thats not what I bought it for :(Yes I have Tomb Raider and Oblivion both running on high settings. No slow downs even after no reboots for 24 hrs or more and I've been playing both games since they've been out almost. Both look amazingly stunning!It really does perform to a comparable desktop. When I bought the laptop a comparable full desktop system would have cost at least $1500 so spending $2000 was worth it for me considering I take it out with my every day.I have the following games on it:UT 2004, Doom 3, Quake 4, WC: TFT, StarCraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, CS: Source, DoD:S, Tomb Raider Legend, HL2 DM, Oblivion, WoW, Need For Speed Black Edition. All run flawlessly. I also backup movies to DVD's daily.

Edited by GoranCro (see edit history)

damn, wish I had the money to buy such a laptop :( .I've been looking for a laptop lately and I probably won't get any further than an ATI Xpress200, 512Mb and 40Gb hdd ;) .Gotta get me a job for the vacations (need much money, new camera, pc upgrade (or new one?), laptop, ...). Me want's much, but can't get much :(

OMG! So many games on one small powerhouse?!! Unfair! You shouldn't post such things here ... you make so many people (like myself) jealous! :(Now, I'm seriously considering a laptop to buy with my first salary :(. A portable gaming machine would be awesome.

Edited by abhiram (see edit history)

Sweet setup man, love it. Thats the nice thing about some of the new "high end" laptop systems that are coming out these days. If you know where to find em at a reasonable cost they usually don't cost much more then desktop systems and they perform pretty much the same.I have to admit that I'm truely jealous, but I hope to have a similar system soon. If you could let us know where you got it I'm sure that I wouldn't be the only one greatful for such information.

nice laptop there, eh? Yet, I wouldn't want that laptop as I really want a MacBook Pro right now, I really need a Mac anytime now to replace this piece of crap:

Samsung NV 5000Intel Pentium III (Coppermine) 701 Mhz
192 MB RAM PC100
20GB HDD
Designed for Windows 98/ME
No fancy bluetooth or wireless capabilities
10 or 12 inch screen
S3 Savage IV (No hardware 3D support :s)

However, it's nice to see that Linux runs on it PERFECTLY;)

xboxrulz
Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)

:( wow.. 103 fps in counter strike source on a laptop? I never thought i could see that, it's amazing how nvidia can make such powerful graphics cards so small, heh that laptop even beats my pc (Except for the cpu, mines a dual core 3ghz), but still i can't get over it lol. How much did it cost? i'm guessing about $4000 AUD (The average price for a decent laptop here is around $3000 which i'm guessing can get around 50fps average on cs:s).-HellFire

omggg :unsure: the first SAGER NOTEBOOK i've ever seen someone own. I've always looked at them for myself, but ive never had the money to do it. (so i went and bought an asus z9000 barebone and built that notebook up.

Guys, just to give an idea of how 1337 sager is as a notebook company it can simply be put as this.

Sager > Alienware.

Yeah, man, props to you for having a kick ash notebook.. loving the 3dmark man.. also sweet pics.. thanks for posting.

On July 4, Amazon spammed its customers with advertisement of Norman Finkelstein's virulently anti-Semitic book, Image and Reality of the Israeli-Palestine Conflict. On May 30, Amazon similarly advertised Beyond Chutzpah: on the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History. I have never received any other ad from Amazon.On April 4, in an unprecedented move, Amazon deleted all reviews of Obadiah Shoher's Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict. A few days later, Amazon forced its subsidiary Booksurge to terminate publishing contract with Shoher whose book is now available for download from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . Google earlier banned advertising of the Samson Blinded for "unacceptable content." Shoher, indeed, is pro-Israeli, yet realistic and critical of Israeli policies.Obadiah Shoher, an anonymous politician, abandons myths and moralizing in favor of realpolitik. He argues for raw efficiency of antiterrorist operations and shedding liberal idealism. Shoher asks inconvenient questions and gives honest answers. Amazon does not like that. Anti-Semitic lampoons by Norman Finkelstein are more to Amazon's taste.