xisto Community
Nivedita

Account On Someone Else's Behalf.

hi all,I just want to ask that can't I have an account on some other person's behalf. Not everyone is a bond in Computers. But websites help us to express ourself on the internet. In my opinion. Getting an account for someone isn't a bad thing. The website can be checked and verified once its uploaded to see if its really is about some other person.I humbly request admins to think a bit about my viewpoint and do the needful.Regards.

Aah, I really doubt if the admins here will accept them! All the admins here are stone-hearted people (only m^e, others are good :D). Anyway just keep praying untill some admin responds.But Xisto Corporation rules say you cannot have more than 1 account. I dont know if they will accept your P-O-V. I know you have a point there about someone else who does not have that much of knowlodge, but rules are rules.Anyway all the best! Lets see what happens next.

They are not stone-hearted people at all and I suggest you take cover before one of them gets you.Admin, I think if he/she were allowed to have an account here and at Xisto.net (sans posting) then it would help him/her out on this situation.

They are not stone-hearted people at all and I suggest you take cover before one of them gets you.

Oh yes, I mentioned only m^e is stone-hearted (just joking, no offence). Very rude guy with a shrap cane of his, I really dont understand why he is behind me all the time. :D

Unfortunately I can't see us lifting the rule on multiple accounts, if we did it for you, we'd have to do it for everyone else. This could get out of hands and abused.A person who is willing to maintain two accounts on here definitely has their work cut out but I feel the credit transfer would be abused here in which it'd be easy for you to maintain two accounts. I don't think we are going to allow multiple accounts and just keep inline with our rules otherwise it's just going to open up more work for us.Also I can imagine how many would be able to maintain their account, in which we'd get a lot of sites/resources being used up when we could have given it to someone else who is going to maintain their account. If we were to ban someone with multiple accounts, we'd also have to terminate all their multiple accounts, just because of 1 person, who may have been creating credits for their sister, etc.I still suggest that if you have the largest hosting package we offer, you must be able to spare some of it's resources for your sister. All you would need to do is get a domain/subdomain, redirector, etc. cPanel makes it easy for you to setup more than 1 site from the same package, setup separate accounts, etc.I am sorry but I don't think this will go ahead.Trap17 (.net or .com) was setup for those in a less strict environment where most topics are relevant and not neccessarily about computers. This could be a solution for your sister, but concerns would be whether this is your sister posting or you. We're able to detect the differences to some extent.Cheers,MC

If we started letting this happen, people could quickly realize they could SAY its for someone else, put up a site LOOKING like its for a "sister" or "friend" and then after a month change it to just be a second site for themselves. This would require constant checking of sites that are doubled up by the same person and simply not be an efficient use of resources.If I thought up a way to exploit that situation in less then 30 seconds, someone who really wanted a second account could probably think up even more ways.

As a Mod over at Xisto.com, I get to see a great variety of posting topics which your sister could involve herself in, regardless of her age or computer experience.Also, Xisto.net is free, with no posting required. (small banner ad at top is all) Dot net might be a very good place for her site.

I see no need to create a second account. Just create a subdomain under your own account, it will act as another domain, and everything will be in agreement with Xisto rules. And if you continue posting, the credits will be worth for your domain and your subdomain, so no need to handle two accounts.

I see no need to create a second account. Just create a subdomain under your own account, it will act as another domain, and everything will be in agreement with Xisto rules. And if you continue posting, the credits will be worth for your domain and your subdomain, so no need to handle two accounts.

I was thinking that too, but in a different way. Why don't u just make a separate FTP account for your sister which guarantees her a specific amount of space. Seeing that she's a sister, (and you sound older than her), she probably would not need anything more than a page she can put stuff in before she starts switching to myspace. :D Edited by techocian (see edit history)

While I must say that I admire your honesty, and being up front about your request and find it refreshing. I must say that I have to agree with the others that have posted here.While I would like to see the admins allow this, since it seems honorable and all, I must say that it could be abused. Also that if one person was allowed this favor it would set a presidence that could, and probably would, be abused by others very quickly.I would suggest that you follow the suggestions posted about setting aside a small amount of space on your own account for your sister to use, with your supervision, so that she can, if she wishes, learn how to work her own site. Then when she is old enough move to a place like Myspace or if that isn't acceptable help her open an account with somewhere like geocities.Such places have very basic sites so that she would have to know very little about html and the such and still be able to put up a site that she could be proud of.