xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRon

IE 7 Beta 2 Not Showing Tabs... Now this is a comedy...

I got the latest build from MS website and installed (by the Validation bypass hack) and when i restarted the comp after installing it, i could see no sign of tabs toolbar. I tried every possibility. Although when i press ctrl+t, it says new tab opened, and when i close my browser it says multiple tabs open, but howsoever i can see no tab at all!I have tried evry setting i could, and finally came to the conclusion that its too early to start trusting Betas by MS. After searching the net i realised that there are a few other people too who have had this problem, but not every one.anyone here who has encountered this problem and rectified???

Click the funky tab next to the tab you are looking at and it will give better instructions than I can,

You've opened a new tab

With tabs you can:
Use one Internet Explorer window to view all your webpages.
Open links in a background tab while viewing the page you're on.
Save and open multiple webpages at once by using favorites and home page tabs.

To get started:
Press the CTRL key while clicking links (or use the middle mouse button).
Click any tab with the middle mouse button to close it.
Press ALT+ENTER from the address bar or search box to open the result in a new tab.

Learn more about tabs

Show more tab shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts Open links in a new tab in the background CTRL+click
Open links in a new tab in the foreground CTRL+SHIFT+click
Open a new tab in the foreground CTRL+T
Open a new tab from the address bar ALT+ENTER
Open a new tab from the Toolbar Search Box ALT+ENTER
Open Quick Tabs (thumbnail view) CTRL+Q
Switch between tabs CTRL+TAB/CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
Switch to a specific tab number CTRL+n (n can be 1-8)
Switch to the last tab CTRL+9
Close current tab CTRL+W
Close all tabs ALT+F4
Close other tabs CTRL+Alt+F4

Mouse shortcuts Open a link in a background tab Middle mouse button on a link
Open a new tab Double click on empty tab row space
Close a tab Middle mouse button on the tab

Uninstall IE 7 and use firefox :D

Notice from twitch:
You're relatively new here, so I'll go easy on you. Don't presume that other members have not tried Firefox or any other alternative. Many web developers, like myself, try to use various browsers to test the cross-browser support of our sites.

ah... i was already using FireFox and for IE specific browsing, MyIE2, but just wanted to check out the latest IE Beta 2 release....its pretty unstable, and the windows validation sucks!!!half the world uses pirated windows...back to FF. :-)

Firstly, Windows Validation only sucks if you are running on non-genuine Windows distro. It is a system for Microsoft to make sure that they only provide the updates and services to those that actually pay for their products. You can't exactly argue with hundreds of employees trying to make henze-meet of their lives and wanting a little money in return for their efforts.The browser is unstable because, by definition, it is in BETA. This means that it isn't a recommended candidate for download. However, they allow it to be downloaded so that feedback can be given and they can fix any problems they have with the software.Channel9 (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) at MSDN is one of the best resources that I have found on their software developments, especially IE7 Beta and it's growing full support for web standards.

I hate that IE 7. I installed it (I have an orginal OS haha) after passing through all those dum use for nothing tests. Ok, every thing system restarted, ran IE 7, started browsing, finished browsing close the broser and it was the last time it ever ran with-out any problem.Next run, it keeps one giving some idiotic error message everytime I either open or close the browser. Even the webpages dont appear properly and its a hell lot slow when you compare it to Firefox.I had to use WinXP Manager to remove IE 7 and install IE 6 back again. And do you think it just went away with a flick. WOW! It does'nt happen with Micro$oft products, now everytime I boot my PC there is an error message poping-up saying it could not find some module in some dll file.Its a really sick browser to try, atleast in its beat mode its really sick. Dont know how its gonna be when it comes out. The only good product from Micro$oft is the Windows Defender, I have been using and really its good! Its even free for genuine Windows users. And if you are'nt a genuine windows xp user the best thing to do is to use windows 2000 or windows 98 to download the file and then install it on either 2000 itself or xp! :D