xisto Community
iGuest

How To Hide IP Address How do you hide your IP address?

Does anyone know how to hide their IP address. I have this problem because I just screwed up my hosting account's Cpanel and the site does'nt seem to work properly (not Xisto). I wanted to sign-up for a hosting account again and start all over again. Now there is a problem in signing up. They say I have already signed up using my IP address once and it wont let me have another account. I need to hide my IP address and fool that system.So does anyone know a free IP address tool that will hide my IP address or atleast make me anonymous? Make sure its a freeware, I really dont want to purchase any nor do I want any shareware/trial/demo.

or else you could search for a list of free proxy servers from google, and then in FireFox preferences>Proxy settings, make an entry of it.I used to use this method when i used to make DNS changes with my domain and wanted to test whether it was working ok or not (since my ISP wud cache an old IP).

It isn't possible to hide your IP (one IP is always present...of corse this can be a fake and not the real one...)!BUT you can surf anonymoused with some sites...I like the site anonymouse.com, but it contains ads...Try it!Greetings,Matti-Koopa

hide ip platinum can make your connection stop though, it depends on your isp, coz it's kinda stupid enough to think that you're actually accessing from another country :D

this discussion got me curious and now i have an IP platinum..I am now peacefully downloading stuffs from rapidshare and megaupload using the free access ticket without he fussy.. "please wait an hour" or so for a new ticket..i just swap IP now and then.. currently downloading 7 threads of data using flashget..--------cool soft. using this program i no longer need to buy platinum account from rapidshare and megaupload..-------------NOTE: my firefox still knows that i was trying to redirect to a proxy server.. please check your firefoxes if the same phenomenon is occuring.. my firefox still uses the real IP and all information.. wont budge in place..I manually change firefox proxy but it still knows the real IP.. kind of weird.. though it can use the proxy i have inserted.. not good for me to browse with firefox with IP platinum.. it have no effect and just adds a mirror to download the site which is physically ends up to the same website.. :D -------------

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

hehe...i know , i dont use firefox, but i know both it and IE know ur real IP...the real like IP address hiding is just from google, and other websites...but really they can still track you down...as of downloading stuff, it works for that...but also like premium accounts on rapidshare are for you to download bigger files also.

the best way is to use cgi proxy

it can hide all your information nd then you are anonymous.

i dont know is it legal or illegal but you can establish on free servers like Xisto.

i think they will suspend us if we do thid ;):o

and if you can enable ssl on your server then you can use it for need to login site like gazzag.

:D

Google for the software Hide IP Platinum. That sits in your system tray and everytime you click, it makes your browser use a free anonymous proxy from a large list of active proxies, that the site maintains.

Funny thing about Hide IP Platinum (which would be funny about using an anonymous proxy in any other way) is that the big boy sites (like Google) will attempt to present their content locally to the ip address.

I was thrown off by this because HideIP randomly was running again once (I may have restarted, i dunno - ha), which I didn't know, but my Internet Connection is wireless and far away - when I went to google (my home page cuz it loads mad quickly) - it was all boxes as if strange, unrecognisable (or unsupported) characters were being displayed. The little I know about networking (which is nothing) led me to guess I was getting corrupted packets ? (not my thing, i'm serious) and I was viewing garbage.

I noticed the HideIP icon spinning in my system tray, and went to My Ip... I noticed I was registering as Shanghai, China - so naturally I guessed I wouldn't have had this problem had I downloaded or installed the particular character set necessary.

Either way, this probably doesn't help in any way, but I thought it was an interesting note (and an example of my own stupidity :).

(P.S. - I recommended this prog to a friend who was banned from a local bulletin board site, although I don't really need to hide my ip o:)

I had come across some type of IP hiding software like IP hider etc. Did some research on net but what I understood is that these programs spoof your IP address and give you some other address.This address is of some other range and that too of some other country. It's more like a directing you to a false proxy. But with these software most of the things like ads etc don't display. Moreover you get a different address every time you get in. Infact you have an option to select the address and range.They are good if you want to protect your privacy by not disclosing your address but nothing much. Well you can find out many practical reasons to do that.I personally feel it's not technically viable to get any address that you want. The basic concept of IP addresss scheme bares that locgic...

Mate - You'd be best trying to contact the support system of whatever you need to register another account with, because the chances are you will be breaching their Terms of Service and as soon as they find out they won't be too happy with you.

Did you ever try TOR (https://tor.eff.org/)? Tor is a tool supported by Electronic Frontier Foundation (then i think this is further more than legal) that let anybody access internet through many internet nodes. It's a project similar to "Freenet" but it has become very popular, used by thousands.

Also there is an openBSD bootable LiveCD distro with all the tools needed to access internet anonymously, by changin IPs, MAC, HTTP headers, ... this is https://sourceforge.net/projects/anonym-os/

Defeating Blogger Blocks

How To Hide IP Address

I use my pc with a friend who has been blocked on a blog that I regularly use. And now I can't access it to leave messages. Does anyone have an idea about how I can get around that obstacle?

-jane4XQ