xisto Community
DjCalvin

Guild Wars Vs Wow Looking for players who have played both

I have played both GW and WoW and I have this to say imoGuild Wars Pro's1. Realistic character models2. Linear to a point but very open ended3. Way more mature players4. Very deep storyline5. Great "tutorial" mode6. No monthly subscription7. Highly intelligent AI system for allies and enemies8. Tactical PvP system9. Streaming update system10. 1 or 2 server...Barely any lag...Even on dial upGuild Wars Con's1. Too many loading screens although they run really quickly2. No X-Axis..Meaning you can't jump, swim, or climb. GW2 will have these features though3. With the release of a new campaign, in the previous campaign some of the smaller towns are uninhabited by players4. Only one true expansion pack5. Everything out of outpost/town areas are instancesWow Pro's1. Ability to play on a free server..If you know where to get one2. Really really big environment3. Almost no load screens4. X-Axis5. Auction house...5. Beautiful environments6. In game voice chat system...Not sure if I'm right on this7. Better dances...Srry Guild WarsWoW Con's1. Monthly fee2. No linear story3. The place is just way way too big4. Character creation is basic5. Too high a level cap6. Areas are not instancesPros/cons are opinion based but all statements are facts-reply by Jedi Eclipse

trial for guild wars

Guild Wars Vs Wow

Replying to KDEWolf

If you want a trial key its good for 14 hours or 10 days

What ever you run out of first

Just email me for it if you want

Jedieclipse383@gmail.Com

-reply by Jedi Eclipse

I got a trial

Guild Wars Vs Wow

I got a free trial from when I bought the game it a 10 hour trial only but hey, ITS A TRIAL!

-reply by Zarana of Kryta

WoW sucks

Guild Wars Vs Wow

I have played WoW for almost a year and I agree with most people of hating the idea of paying the game each 1 or 2 months.I'm about to start gild wars,and every kid I've asked says that pvp in WoW is borring,and I got borred with it just like they said I would.Also my friend told me that other players wont steal your loot in GW just like they did in WoW.And the graphics in WoW are poor,like a cartoon from 2003

-reply by Goral

I think WoW is the winner for many reasons.1: Can be run on more than just windows2: The game runs smooth on any computer3: Oo so shiny4: More players to contact withI do like the fact that i can go to the coffee house with my mac laptop and play wow and have it run beautifully. I have played many massively multiplayer online rpg which includes Ultima Online, Ragnarok, Starwars ... drawing a blnk, Anarchy Online, Everquest 2, and Final Fantasy X but only 2 games made me keep playing for a very long time and those are Ultima Online(until it started to suck) and WoW. And i would love to play a trial of guild wars if they have one.

I found Guild Wars was my personal favourite, after spending almost equal time on both, had lvl 60 Tauren Druid and lvl 58 Orc Warrior and 3 PvE lvl 20's on GWI found GW alot more enjoyable than my time spent on WoW due to four main ideas. 1) The graphics are exceptionally better and more realistic which appeals to my graphic ***** nature. 2) Combat system, the combat system in GW is far more superior than the combat system in WoW. Due to the fact that it has far more depth, structure and tactics required to use it effectively, the main idea being limited with your skills and having to think about what skills to put into your hotbar. Whereas in WoW you have all your skills avalible to you at any given point (and yes GW does have a 'talents' tree aswell to keep that argument at bay). THe combat system makes for incredible PvP if you really get serious, especially guild battles and Hall of Heroes 3) Very deep storyline making casual play far far more enjoyable and accesible. 4) Low level cap enabling gameplay to be based on players knowledge of their character and the game rather than amount of time spent playing.The biggest turning point for me was definately the combat system as it limits you forcing you to think rather than button mashI found WoW lacking in all of these aspects and more. Although WoW is a very PvE based game to reach the level cap so you can get into the harder PvP takes too long and I found leveling EXTREMELY boring in WoW, grinding is not fun. The monthly fee drains your bank account. Although all this said WoW is an exeptional game.BUTGuild Wars is simply a better structured WoW, they have fine tuned the ideas that WoW had and turned it into something far more accessible to the hardcore gamers and casual players.-reply by Guest420

I dislike any game that you must pay in order to be able to play, but i saw some of my friends playing WOW and it got my attention. However i think they are a waste of money because even if you are having fun, and in many cases its worth the money, you will reach a point where you don't want to play the game anymore but you keep paying for it because you don'y want to see the character you raised and paid alot of $ for get deleted. And in the end you will stop playing the game.There are alot of free games out there, maybe not in the same quality of WOW or Guild wars but good enough for me atm.

I think that both games really get repetitive at end-game.I really do not enjoy either of these games as much as I like things such as Lineage II. I just can't stand games where you have to follow certain lines of quests and all, and I like having the ability to kill anyone, whether they are allied or enemies.

I Personally have never played Guild Wars even though I want to because I played a month of WoW when I bought it. The thing that gets me with Guild Wars is that it has no trial. I love the fact that it has no monthly fee but I want to try it out before I buy it, because thats what I did with WoW and I loved it but I don't really have the money to pay for it and as stated by others your on it alot cus you don't want to let your money go to waste and leveling is just extremely boring and time consuming. But my favorite part of WoW is instances. They'remy favorite because WoW doesnt really have an Official storyline that I can recall but when you do an instance it kind of doesnt, because you have the main bosses and quests were you have to kill them and sometimes the bosses have dialouge and etc. I would like to know more about Guild Wars so if anyone could help me out my email is Hyattburrows att yahoo.Com

-reply by Bondoh4

I think WoW is betterGuild Wars Vs Wow

There was once a time when I played Guild Wars and thought that it was better.  Guild Wars is still good but it has its flaws and is in fact not better in my opinion.  One flaw being the level cap that is set at 20.  Another being unable to interact with more than your party outside of a city or outpost.  And one more being (and this could just be me doing something wrong) the lack of variety in weapons and armor.

Some strong points that Guild Wars possesses is the fact that it's free and the PvP is outstanding in my opinion.

However, WoW has a HUGE variety of weapons and armor, the PvP is still really good, the level cap is reachable but not rediculously low, the trade system is well developed (auction house being the primary example), the number of quests is decent, the development of your character as a class is really good, and lastly the whole opposing factions feature also adds an interesting spin on things.

Bottom line: both games are good but it all comes down to the whole concept of "you get what you pay for."

-reply by palindrome

Ok I've played WoW and guild wars since they both came out.

Currently Guild Wars has better customer support. Better graphics. Better PvP and balancing between classes.

Guild wars is a linear game however and you can't jump :( that makes me a little sad. It is free to play after the initial fee which I believe is $20 for the game now. The expansions are great and provide a lot of fun. There are many raids and dungeons to do and you don't need other human players to complete them. All in all GW is a great game for the casual player and the PvPer Yes you are limited to 8 skills when you leave a city. This makes the game more interesting because you have to make a build that is going to get your though so its pretty fun. Because the cities are the open areas and the worlds are instances you never have to worry about having your quests stolen. Also the loot that drops in GW isn't BoP and can be given to your other characters... An issue you'll see in WoW. Also if the game is too easy there is a hardmode that is unlocked when you beat a campaign which bumps up the difficulty considerably.

WoW has a larger player base. They have some cooler armor and weapon specs however they have taken a few from GW. They also recently introduced the acheivement system... Yea GW beat them on that one. They have a lot of raids and dungeons to do as well... All of which are the exact same time after time and offer almost no challenge with gear. There are heroics which are pretty much joke.

There are some major issues with WoW though. First off, customer support is horrible. You wait 2 hours to talk to a GM that tells you he can't help you but will refer your petiton... 2 weeks later you hear about it. The classes are not balanced by any means. If you enjoy PvP make a Rogue or Pally as they can 2 shot anything. If you want to see all of the game you MUST play with other people. Unlike the henchies and heros in GW. When in a dungeon gear will drop that no one can use. Unless you have an enchanter its only good for gold. WoW has professions as well, they offer a limited use and are mainly for money making and enjoyment. I'm sure you're aware that you can spec into different trees in WoW... Well blizzard has been setting it up to force certain classes into certain roles. Example:I play a priest. I have 2300 spell power which is well over 2 friends of mine. One is a moonkin the other is a mage... They can keep up with me on DPS because blizzard has priest DPS scaled back. Honestly blizzard interferes too much in the game and doesn't listen to its players.

They are both great games, but the thing oyu have to ask yourself is how much time you want to dedicate to it. If you want to play once in a while and just enjoy it and turn it off whenever get GW. If you want to raid 4 hours a night 3 nights a week to see new stuff get WoW. If you like PvP try both of them out but I bet you'll go to GW, they have some cool pvp zones. If you base your decision off of customer support... Don't even think about WoW. The $15 a month is another small issue but meh its a small price to play for some fun.