xisto Community
iGuest

ActionScript: Flash Menus For Idiots This menu isnt the menu you find at hotels, this is a website fla

Flash menus NOT EDIBLE.
Here youâll learn to make a menu for your website using Macromedia Flash
1)First Way â get URL Method.
2)Create a new movie.
3)Insert a couple of buttons from the common libraries or make your own buttons.
4)Select this button get in to actions for this by pressing F9.

Select this button get in to actions for this by pressing F9
Insert this script as it is

on (press, release) {   getURL("sample.htm");}

Do the same for the other buttons and what you have is a MENU for your website. Remember the name of your page takes place of SMAPLE and as flash is very sensitive be sure with .htm and .html endings.

Well... is this a tutorial? I did what you said to (actually I just know what that comand does) and that wont get you a movie. You needroot.Put_name_of_window_here.loadMovie("sample.swf")

Well it depends on how the page is built. The action supplied would work if you are just using a flash button on an html page and you want it to navigate to a seperate html page; although I think you would have to use an absolute url instead.

Well... is this a tutorial? I

Nicely seen. This is the main difference between a tutorial and a step-by-step.A tutorial is here in order to make you think and learn. If you have to think more than necessary, it's even better.
A step-by-step would be a list of things you should do and which will always word.
So, the present topic is a tutorial.
Unfortunately, the word "idiot" appears in the title, so you should not have to think by yourself when you read this tutorial.

I am a media student and working on my first website. We are just starting to work with action script 2.0 for cs3. Where or how do I create a drop down menu in action script 2.0 for a flash website? I can not find anywhere that would give me a good tutorial for what I need.-question by cynthia porter

hey;

any idea on how one would create sliding buttons in flash, the slide should work almost the same to this...http://www.gatorade.com/... Sliding buttons should slide left/ right the opposite direction of the mouse and on mouse over the slide stops. Please send me a tutorial/ link a tutorial...I would be thankful

-question by martin kamunyu

flash urlActionScript: Flash Menus For Idiots

I have a code

=================================

on (rollOver){   gotoAndPlay("s1");   if (num == 1)   {   _root.Sh_all.Bt.Ov1.GotoAndPlay("s1");   } // end if   if (num == 2)   {   _root.Sh_all.Bt.Ov2.GotoAndPlay("s1");   } // end if   if (num == 3)   {   _root.Sh_all.Bt.Ov3.GotoAndPlay("s1");   } // end if}On (releaseOutside, rollOut){   gotoAndPlay("s2");   if (num == 1)   {   _root.Sh_all.Bt.Ov1.GotoAndPlay("s2");   } // end if   if (num == 2)   {   _root.Sh_all.Bt.Ov2.GotoAndPlay("s2");   } // end if   if (num == 3)   {   _root.Sh_all.Bt.Ov3.GotoAndPlay("s2");   } // end if}

===============================

How do I insert url link in this code

-question by dinkle shah