xisto Community
html_man

Firefox Or IE (New Version): Which One Is Better? Which one is better?

Firefox or IE?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Operah but I would prefer Firefox over IE.IE has too horrible a history for me to trust and Microsoft still has some screws loose in their heads because they just released IE7 and they have yet to get rid of ActiveX, which is a huge security risk. Of course they say ActiveX has "increased security" but thats a load of crap.On top of that I try to stay away from Microsoft products in general because I like to support companies other then Microsoft to try and help diminish the monopoly Microsoft has in many markets.

It almost seems a given that the majority of more experienced users will choose Firefox over Internet Explorer. Except for the user interface (in my humble opinion), Firefox has so many advantages over Internet Explorer. Let us not forget the smaller size, the faster version updates (months instead of years), more robust security, and countless extensions.Comparing Firefox to Internet Explorer is akin to comparing a mansion to a wooden hut (okay, maybe not that drastic, but you get the picture). Maybe we should ask the question among the users in this group, which would you prefer: Opera or Firefox? These seem to be similarly powerful products with similarly die-hard fans.

I believe that firefox is better because it seems to me that IE has always been a step behind in the innovation of browsers. Even though they just released their new innovations for tabbed browsing as well as the user interface upgrades, firefox has already pass that point and trying to optimize their browser for better performance. With the bugs that I have experienced with IE I completely almost abandoned the browser all together, I even set firefox as my default for web browsing while keeping IE around for situations which I need it such as web development and understanding browser compatiblity not to mention certain html codes does not work in firefox.But definitely, I believe that firefox will eventually dominate IE if it hasnt already.

I find Firefox better because of its privacy settings and its stability. Although I haven't tried the new version of Internet Explorer, I find Firefox easy to use and user-friendly. Internet Explorer is too much of hard disk consumer unlike Firefox and that's why I moved.