xisto Community
CaptainRon

Hinduism - The Breeder Of World Religions? All europeans were Hindus (Vedic) at one point of time

Here you go.. someone of Soulseek pointed a site out to me about a book on the "real" Atlantis (yeah I know - it's most likely to be "another" of those) which claims that India and Indonesia were parts of the real Atlantis prior to the continental drift. That might explain all that advanced technology described in the Vedas. Hell.. the Atlanteans supposedly even mastered Anti-Gravity, which has been outlined in the ancient Sanskrit scriptures.. That might be a possible explanation of the whole picture.

Here's the site: http://atlan.org/

Castism was very logical, although the practices got tainted later. See, when a society is divided into work groups, the efficiency of the society increases. For that reason, look at the way a company functions. The way it divides work groups. Logically you can argue that why can't a programmer be a manager, maybe he has better ideas to run the company.

This actually makes sense. I never looked at it that way. With all the people shouting their throats off on Casteism being bad, it's just possible that the Indian Society was able to reach it's height of civilization thanks to the effective division of work in the community.
But it would be interesting to find out on what basis did the initial caste system arise. How were people alloted the caste initially? Was it on lots or voluntarily joining a particular caste? When exactly did the Caste system come into being?

thanx abhiram. actually we will really need to learn sanskrit for that and then take a dive into reading the Vedas (although translations are available, different scholars translate it differently), Upnishads, Puranas and all other religious texts. Did you get the link i posted for the Vaimanika Shastra translation?You know what the problem with Indian Historical study is? We have been dwelling on the same land for thousands of years. Evidences have been lost through time. Take example of ayodhya, kurukshetra or any other ancient city. People have lived over these places for ages since Ramayan or Mahabharat. So usually we don't uncover the Indus Valley type cities. Although its well known that our ancient cities were at par or even better than the Indus Valley ones. Lanka was supposed to be the best of its time. But as I said... under whose house will u dig to uncover artifacts?Dwarka is an exception. It sunk and remained sunk since Mahabharata. I hope we uncover something real exciting from there! I hope you are aware that a construction of an underwater museum is underway at Dwarka. We will walk through those transparent tubes to have a look at the old city. I simply don't understand why doesnt government allocate enough funds to dig deeper in the underwater city. Few bones and wood/metal tool peices have confirmed that it was a human dwelling. The Sonar scan had shown the square city boundaries. I even had a talk with an archeologist (the project leader) of National Indian Oceanography through the official website, but he says as of now nothing really revolutionary was found, and there is lack of funds for the project. Apart from that even if India gets as much tools and money as put into Titanic investigation, we could probably dig the whole city upside down, and tell its actual background and relation to the ancient dwarka.Uh.. probably amongst this discussion I can share an experience :-). My uncle owns a few acres of land in a village near Itarsi, MP. A few years back they were digging a 20 ft deep well near the farms. While digging, at around 17 ft, workers got choked by carbon monooxide and many bronze/brass/iron artifacts were uncovered. I was there at that point. One was a bronze/brass 'matka'/pot, another one was an iron box, though it was empty and totally deformed. I seriously started wondering how old these items would be. Thought maybe I could take them with me and get them carbon-dated... but before I got out of my fantasy, I saw that the pot was now being used to lift mud and stones out of the 20 ft deep well and the box was taken by a local villager who planned to sell it as scrap :P)Maybe sometime later (when i have money :P) I can think of hiring a few labourers and dig nearby areas to uncover something important.The village I am talking about is very close to Pachhmari, where the Pandavas have been speculated to spend their "vanwaas" period. The village has a very very old local temple of Lord Shiv. I hope there is an old city underground ;)

actually we will really need to learn sanskrit for that and then take a dive into reading the Vedas (although translations are available, different scholars translate it differently), Upnishads, Puranas and all other religious texts. Did you get the link i posted for the Vaimanika Shastra translation?

Well, I don't think we'll have the time to learn Sanskrit until we're quite old and ready to retire :P. We should have started when we were younger, but now might be a bit difficult.

Yup, I got the link. Thanks. I did read a few pages online but then came to the part about Wilhelm Reich and then started Googling about him. It's a rather interesting book, and I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy.

Hehe, too bad about the incident in your village. But who knows how many such items are still lying buried under the surface?

I see your point but unfortunately, I don't see the logic of having the majority of movies have the same theme, which is the same-voiced women and dance numbers the size of Chicago (The Musical) in an exponential sense! It's one of those things that, you'd have to be an Indian to understand, I guess. Same goes for the Chinese and their martial arts, it's overkill!
But I'm getting off topic, my apologies.

But the very Indians and Hinduism is not in a great position at the present. First it was the Islamic onslaught then came the Christian missionaries, who want to erase this great culture by terming the Hindus as Idol worshippers and barbarians. An average Indian due to this persecution by other cultures have forgotten their gretness. As for the Indian movies, the makers of the movies are only concerned for money,as it is commercial cinema. The routine dance number is a sure shot way of making quick bucks.

Hinduism is far greater then what the preasent world belives as just another religion. In the ancient world it was far bigger in terms of followers than it is today. Actually ,the Europe was a hot bed for Hinduism. There are many folk tales and pictures which depicts events from the ramayana and the Mahabharata. But they are not given publicity in the christian world. Actually the Vatican City which we know today was a site of Hinduism and the word VATICAN itself is a corrupt version of the sanskrit word VATIKA or VATICA, which means ashram or where the holy people reside. Also the word SAINT is a corrupt version of SANT which means learned man.

Hinduism is far greater then what the preasent world belives as just another religion. In the ancient world it was far bigger in terms of followers than it is today. Actually ,the Europe was a hot bed for Hinduism. There are many folk tales and pictures which depicts events from the ramayana and the Mahabharata. But they are not given publicity in the christian world. Actually the Vatican City which we know today was a site of Hinduism and the word VATICAN itself is a corrupt version of the sanskrit word VATIKA or VATICA, which means ashram or where the holy people reside. Also the word SAINT is a corrupt version of SANT which means learned man.

That is exactly what this article meant to illustrate. The Indo-European culture was same and so was the religion... Rather even the Old Testament and certain parts of the Mahabharata go in tandem.

The Quirky , Enigmatic Shifting Distorical of an "Aryan Civilization"

Hinduism - The Breeder Of World Religions?

The Quirky, Engimatic Shifting Historical Data of an 'Aryan Indus' Civilization

With the demise of the theory of an Aryan invasion, scholars have now taken on the idea that the Indus Valley Civilization is aryan in nature and origin. But this quirky idea cannot seem to hold well with the evidence which the archaeological explorations have produced in recent years. On one hand the civilization of the Vedas don’t seem to fit or to use a better word, correlate with the discoveries of the Indus valley excavations. There are several reasons this is so and proponents of an ‘Aryan Indus’ although they may reject the invasion idea, are desperate to paint an ‘Aryan Indus’ which certainly did not exist and are prepared to shift historical data to accommodate its ‘Aryan Indus’. Thus, an ‘Aryan Indus’ would seemingly but impossibly accommodate and comprise of the following:

1) TWO sets of lifestyles, one described as nomadic and steppe like in the Vedas quite in contrast to the settled and urban life of the Harrapans. Here we have the IE or Aryans as you will, riding and warring as all nomads do on the plains of India, whilst the staid citienzry of the Indus are basking in luxurious trade with its neighbors.

2) TWO modes of transport, of which the speed of the horse and chariot used by the nomadic intruders to settle disputes and in sports, whilst in the Indus the rich and contented people travel with the donkey and heavy wooden cart.

3) TWO religions, first we have the Vedic religion dominated by warrior gods and nature gods to a nomadic people always praying for wealth and cattle and animistic in nature. The other religion is the Harrapan religion of the Indus people mostly connected with the animal kingdom and iconic.

4) TWO sets of astronomic literature, the Vedic astronomy having the horse as one of its symbol and which is missing in the Indus one. Then, there is the Harrapan astronomy whose people were well versed in its intracies and very established.

5) TWO languages of which we have the Vedic language well refined and used in ancient India, called Sanskrit. The other is the undecipherable Indus Scripts and its seals, still unbroken and a fascination for linguists. Used by the Indus people for its unparalleled value for its tremendous and burgeoning trading partners.

6) TWO different funerary burial rituals, the Aryans cremated their dead through libations in the hope their loved ones reach the land of the Fathers. The Indus people buried their dead as is evidenced by the cemeteries discovered in their civilization.

7) TWO eminent Indian scholars, Professors Jha and Misra among others have claimed to have deciphered the Indus language and its complicated writings. If this is true and world breaking , how come we don't know what is the true nature of the Indus? All of these concerted attempts, so valiant and persevering seems to come to naught. So I ask, what is it? Vedic or indigenous Indus? One thing is certain though. All these failed attempts are done from the perspective of the Sanskrit language. Wrong, I say. All linguists should know that to decipher a language, there must be a related Rosetta Stone or a related root language. Obviously, the linguists of India are finding out that the Indus Scripts and seals are not related to Sanskrit, thus there is an ominous silence.

This is fantastic , here we have a civilization just emerging from the Stone Age with its brilliance and is credited with ALL of the above, a double of every facet of human life. Is this possible? This quirkiness of an’Aryan Indus’ has western and eastern scholars and historians baffled. To speak of an ‘Aryan Indus’ with such glaring contradictions in its society and lifestyle is probably a minor embarrassment to its proponents, for what can be more embarrassing than to shift historical dates to accommodate a quirky theory? Best of luck to its proponents.

-reply by Neville Ramdeholl