xisto Community
kgd2006

Photoshop Tutorial: Simple Matrix Effect Using only 3 filters

Hello everyone here is a really cool matrix effect that I learned somewhere online before. All you use is just 3 filters. You can even create your name and many other cool things if you are looking for the matrix effect style...

STEP 1: Goto Filter>Texture>Grain

Make sure you set up the settings like so.

Posted Image

STEP 2: Goto Filter>Artistic>Neon Glow

Make sure you set up the settings just like the picture, and even the tool bar color palette must match up as well, because it also effects the filter.

Posted Image

STEP 3: Goto Filter>Stylize>Glowing Edges

This final step you will see that you have just created a Matrix effect...pretty cool?

Posted Image

Finshed Product Below:

Posted Image

This does produce a cool looking result, even if it's not quite as detailed as the original matrix code looks. : ) Still, it's definitely worth trying out, and it seems like it would make a mighty neat effect. I think I'll have to try it out on my next picture.

Very nice, I always like finding some new Photoshop tutorials to give me new ideas and help me learn that program more. I've only done a few things with it so far, so tutorials really help me, thanks.

in smaller pics, that would work, but in larger pics you'll notice that one could actually make out characters in the matrix code. Not that the symbols actually made any sense, but you could see them.

Hello, I love the tutorial (am always on the hunt for interesting photoshop tutorials for my fiance and sometimes I to play around with).A suggestions might be the images, I'm not sure if my connection is a little throttled at the moment, but it seems these images take quite some time to load up.I saved a few to my desktop and used an optimized PNG format and saved roughly 20kb on each image size, going further however I dropped one from 111kb's to roughly 37kb's by converting to a 16 colour GIF without much quality loss at all (still perfectly viewable).Anyway, just letting you know.