xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

MS Soon To Cut Off Win 9x And ME Users

if linux and macOSx aren't buggy then why are the security forums now coming out and saying that their are known security flaws in them? EVERY OS has security flaws and buggs, its just that Linux is opensource so there are lots of people working on it and its free. Windows isn't.If linux didn't have problem why are their so many different versions of it, and I'm not talking about different distro's I'm talking about different versions of the distros. Don't get me wrong I like linux but yes it does have bugs...they just get fixed fast is all.And Linux is based on unix, it isn't unix. Yes its stable but it doesn't have the unix legacy.

Edited by Logan Deathbringer (see edit history)

That's right all Operating Systems have masses of bugs and security problems and they always will.Windows is for people that don't want to screw around all day/week/month/year to get something productive done. Then again there are tons of developers for Windows obviously who know more then enough about computers.

Really.. they would have had to cut it off at some stage... those operating systems are very old.. I can understand that microsoft cutting off the support for that reason.. 98 is around 8 years old now, plus with the new vista comming out it is going to give microsoft a bit of a headache.Only bad thing is the users still on 98/ME/2000..What if they can't afford a newer one or if their computer isn't powerful enough to run XP and they can't upgrade their pc?They can get 3rd party support somewhere i guess but microsoft needs to remember that those customers payed for that os.. it's like just chucking the manual out when they're pulling the plug on the support.I think 98 and ME have the help center feature anyway, cutting normal technical support does seem like the thing to do. But. They have millions of articles in the knowledge base. They don't need to clear that too.Hopefully vista will be less buggy (Ms won't need to cut support then i guess)-HellFire

Ha, I bought a new printer that was unsupported only a few months later as they had released many new ones by then. New stuff is popping out all the time, but it's all minor incremental improvements.I think these companies should keep their mouths and wallets shut until they do something to really be considered an improvement.

All you people might be interested in this ebook, actually this book is not by me, I just found it when I was searching for more information on Windows XP SP2. I think its by AssetMetrix, and its title is SP2 Acceptance - just gave this info so that you might avoid the download if you have read it before.