xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Elderly U.S. Woman Ticketed For Crossing Street Too Slowly

Wow. Ticketing an old lady for $130 candian dollars for something that's not ever her fault? I feel like humanity is going downhill now. That's just unfair. Those traffic lights need to be fixed. I mean, if even highschool students can't make it running, then how do they expect an old lady to make it across walking? They need to repair that light and not charge that ticket. This is so uncivilized and unjust. They are seriously wrong here.

that is just shameful I refuse to believe that it is true! Camon... an elderly woman? where this world will stop! We are suposed to take car of our people.. not to affront them.. especially when they are children or old ones!

lol i laughed my head off when i saw thisi dont meen to be mean but sometimes old people in society are... annoying.in australia, some old people came to the schoolies party and got fined! LOLbut yeah old people arent always the most... efficient, they drive real slow, drive down the middle of the road (in 2 lanes)i dont think anything like that has ever happened here though (getting fined for crossing the road too slow)

This was in Los Angeles right? That's pretty dumb to ticket an old woman trying to cross a street. I guess that the officer felt it necessary to enforce the law upon pedestrians violating it. So, she got a ticket for jaywalking or something? There must be something in the Americans with Disability Act that could help her to win her case. Even though many people don't even bother to go to court over these things because they find it too much of a hassle. Sometimes the system just stinks.I would totally understand it if it was a car, because your vehicle is supposed to be in good condition when you're on the road. On the I-75 in Florida, the minimum speed you can go is I think 50 and the max is 70, even though everyone goes about 80mph without getting tickets. But we're talking about people here. - Trinifawk

I agree it sounds stupid and in fact it is stupid, but laws are laws hahaha, I hate standing and waiting to cross the street, especially when people stand and the same cars doesn't move, so I usually like to jaywalk.. But imagine what would you do if you would be a driver and some little old lady would try to cross the street, not for 9 seconds as it usually is, but for 1 minute.. In my opinion, the old lady shouldn't be walking alone, I would rather see the officer help cross the street faster ;) then giving her a ticket for crossing to slowly ;]In addition, I even walked through some streets where even I walking quite fast could not cross the street on a green light for people ;) I mean I see the light, start walking and after 4 seconds when I am in the middle of the street it starts to blink and a red one turns on, now that street is definitely bad for old little slow ladies ;)

Talk about unfair! Ticket the stupid people who do it on purpose, not the people who are just naturally slow. Some of the "odd news" nowadays is just so funny though!

That's pretty lame and nasty, sounds like the officer had it in for her or something.I could imagine ticketing a youth for being a smart *bottom* and going across slowly.But also have many, many traffic lights here in Australia, especially in Sydney where the motor owners get way too much precidence and not even youth have enough time to get across small roads (they can only get half way on larger ones) before it's red and motorists starting getting ticked off lol.

I can't believe that people still reply to this ancient post ... lol
xboxrulz

LOL.. That's true after looking at the date of its raise date. But anyway its still for a good laugh since I don't normally look at ancient post.

Anyway extending the duration of the traffic lights for pedestrians but how about for those vechicles? Sometime when I drive, the traffic lights are way too long. Even though there's no pedestrains, we can't pass those red lights as there's traffic cameras around. So the question is how should the duration of those traffic lights be. ;)

Can't possibly dash those red lights, will get fine $1000. ;)

That's why in Canada, we have metallic strips on the bottom of the road. If we detect a car, it will turn the lights faster if there's no pedestrians or pedestrians are required to press a button to tell the system there's people waiting for a walk light.xboxrulz

I think there should be circumstances. If the elderly lady was driving slow, then she could possibly be a safety hazard. I think that people are just heartless nowadays, and just don't take the time to think about others. The officer could have easily helped the lady across. This day and age, there is lack of shivery, and people just can't do the things that once were harmless.I think that the officer had a lack of compassion, and that when it comes to ticketing an elderly lady whom is trying to cross the road... then we need to seriously have major reality checks.