xisto Community
marretas

Which Is The Best Backup Utility In The Market?

I recommend you to use Genie back up manager by Genie-soft . It's features are :

1. You can back up everything in your computer from emails to important registry files.
2.The back up task can be scheduled.
3.You can encrypt the back up data so that only you have the rights to restore it . Moreover the data can be back up to cd's , dvd's and also to remote servers through FTP
4.The installation and use is simple.

You can download it from their home page Home Page

Edited by ajayshivaa (see edit history)

I like norton ghost. It can save an exact image of your hard drive. Not just the backup files. That way, if anything gets messed up, rather than installing your OS again, and then extracting your backed up files, you can now just make an image of your hard drive, and then if anything goes wrong just restore that image and everything was the way it was when you backed up. Everything down to your OS. You don't even need an operating system to run it, you can run ghost from a live cd and make a backup and restore straight from there. You can backup images to multiple CD/DVD media or even to an external hard drive.

Paragon backup manager is very good. I used to use GenieSoft, but it has problems backing up PGP disks. It backs them up fine and the hash check says all is ok, but if you restore and try to open the backed up disc it keeps telling you your password is wrong. I lost data once through this, so i replicated the problem several times more and then decided to switch programs, as i couldn't afford to lose another pgp disk

I haven't tried it yet since I'm running a bit out of space ;) , but Filehamster should be a good backup program. It backs up your data by using revisions, so it saves several versions of your files, wich can be very handy.
It also supports real-time backup (that's why it has revisions, it would be stupid to overwrite the files immediately ;) ), so you don't have to worry too much about not having backed up your data.

//edit: have I already mentioned it's freeware ;)

Edited by wutske (see edit history)

//edit: have I already mentioned it's freeware

I love that way confessing that you edited your own post.When I edit mines, I try integrating the modifications so that it seems as natural as possible. ;)

I love that way confessing that you edited your own post.When I edit mines, I try integrating the modifications so that it seems as natural as possible. ;)

Thanks ;) . I try to create an equilibrum between the showing I'm not perfect and showing I might be perfect ;) . The "//edit:" is something I've been using for a long time, it's an easy way to quickly add something to the post without altering the whole text. It's also the perfect way to show people something have changed (if they've already read the post before).

hhhmm, when its comes of something best I believe MS is best.But unfortunately it wont take backup.I am using a complete suite to manage my windows whether it is issue of taking backup or managing startup or anything else.I go for Advanced system optimizer,.I have used its previous version as well. It has a backup manager which takes backup of all your important data.My documnts, drives or network area as well.

It is available on CNET & TUCOWS.

Hope it works for you /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley14.Gif

-reply by vincent