xisto Community
cinthia

Euthanasia Or Mercy Killing: Should It Be Legalized? Mercy killing should be legalized or not?

I m in favour of mercy killing.The name depicts that it is a killing process due to mercy.But how can a killing method can be merciful?Yes,this is done due to mercy and hence it can't be considered as general murder at all.I m giving two example below to explain it

1)Oneday a lady saw that a cat is playing badly with a bird by taking it in it's mouth.The bird is half-dead due to the torture of cat.The cat is not fully killing the bird but enjoying playing with the half-dead bird.The bird's death is definite after few hours.There is no question of survive.But it became so pathetic for that bird to tolerate the horrible pain in half-dead condition for few more hours.So that lady requested her husband to kill the bird to give it relief to get more torchered by the cat.Hence that lady's husband killed the half-dead bird with his knife.The bird dead quickly but got relief for suffering from horrible pain for few more hours.

2)Many people may say that as it breaks natural rule of God---so we shouldn't legalize mercy killing.But if we see that our very loveable relative is suffering from tremendous and intolerable cancer-pain and if doctor declares that ---death is obviousWithin few days.If the patient is praying God for quick death and suffering from immense pain----in such a case everyone will forget religious logic and all of that patient's well-wisher will pray to God for that patient's quick death.It happens in world.Otherwise human being is inhumanic.Such a moment is also come in life when the well-wisher request doctor to kill his/her beloved relative who is suffering due to horrible pain and there is no chance of life anymore but the patient is suffering unnecessarily.If anybody goes trough such a situation for once----he/she will automatically forget religious rules and will start to request the doctor to do mercy,to kill the patient by implementing euthanasia so that the patient will get rid of that horrible pain.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But mercy killing is not being legalized only for the reason that people may misuse ths.Family persons may try to kill the eldest person on the name of mercy killing to get the property of the family.---To prevent misuse of mercy killing,it is not being legalized.But it is legalized in Newzealand and Belzium in few particular cases and it is running there successfully.I think there should be certain rules/standard measures only when merci killing can be implemented.If it is implemented only in genuine real cases,it is really for good only but not for harm.

-reply by Ishan

Even though mercy killing seems a good way to stop the suffering for some people, the only thing I am afraid for it to be legalized is abuse, I think a lot of whom will start abusing the system. Usually it's done illegally somehow.In the future, there is a possibility that suicide machines will be functional, whenever you will want to die, you may go to the suicide machine and end your live? Especially if people in the future will live much longer. :unsure: It may sound like science fiction now, but in the future it's fully possible. ;)

I think it is advisable to proceed from a practical point of view, there are chances certainly that if mercy killing is legalised, people are likely to take undue advantage of it. like someone who could be cured is killed in the name of mercy instead to grab his/her property, on the other hand, when a person is found to be suffering immensely, and the medical reports do not show scope for improvement, it should be legal if the doctor or someone who is entitled to do that decides to go for it rather than merely watching a patient experience unbearable pain. There should be absolutely limited interference of religion or social norms in this matter, as pain and suffering is entirely individual.

According to my point of view mercy killing should be legalized because I have read about Aruna's case . she is suffering with vegetative state can't eat,speak and hear, she is on the bed from last 37 years.she can not enjoy the life and she is so weak at the moment so do u think it is good if she will going through this life more years.so in this case euthanasia should apply on her.

The subject of euthanasia has been on my mind a lot over the last year. My grandmother had been of declining health for about a year and had made a conscience decision to forgo a pace maker batter replacement. Over the following months her health quickly deteriorated and she went from a senior housing apartment to a hospice residence. At the end she was kept alive only with life support systems.I have read a lot on the subject and have seen and heard arguments based on religion, personal beliefs, and social reasons. Socially the arguments usually revolve around letting nature take it course and we shouldn't interfere with the natural passing of a person and that there is always the possibility that there might be a medical breakthrough that might cure the illness. If we were to stand by and let nature take its course we should stop all medical treatment across the board and stop playing with genetics and stop extending life.On the subject of religious arguments they almost always fall back on the "thou shalt not kill" argument or similar depending on the religion. If we are to go by this one then there should be no capital punishment or standing army as well as no euthanasia. How can one have a total and blatant double standard of no euthanasia yet support a standing army who's only reason to exist is to take life, whether its in the name of peace keeping or defense.Now the hardest one to argue against is personal beliefs. Here I have to say that to each his/her own personal beliefs and I will leave it at that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, and only they can decide those.As for my personal belief on the subject, I believe it should be allowed. The reason for this is that if a person is suffering and there is no immediate way of eliminating the pain and allowing for a decent standard of living. One without pain, clear cognitive ability, and the ability to live without bulky life support equipment. If this cannot happen and the patient can make a clear and sound decision to end their life with honor and dignity then I think they should be allowed to if they can find someone that can help them in a nearly painless way.To live in pain, without dignity, is no life at all. To keep people alive in such a state is torture in the truest definition.