xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shiv

Browser Quaker Script - Shock Your Visitors! this script shakes the browser like a quake happened

Browser Quaker! SHOCK your visitors! this script shakes the browser like a quake happened! yeah....try this script to believe it! im sure u will be stunned at the effect! a good way to show your visitor that...your website ROCKS!..and literally so ! ! i got this script from Bravenet's webmaster freebrees newsletter. if you haven't known bravenet before..it is a beginner webmaster's friend! you get lot many features for your website hosted freely. and subscribe to their newsletter to get gems like these!

ok here's the code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">function init() {setTimeout("shake(3)",1000);setTimeout("this.focus()",4000);setTimeout("shake(3)",4100);}function register(){var isAol = "no";var res = 800;}function shake(n) {if (self.moveBy) {for (i = 10; i > 0; i--) {for (j = n; j > 0; j--) {self.moveBy(0,i);self.moveBy(i,0);self.moveBy(0,-i);self.moveBy(-i,0);}}}}a=275;b=275;r=20;x=1;z=1;function rotate(r) {while (z<=3) { for (var i = 0; i <360; i++) { x = (r * Math.cos((i * Math.PI)/180)) + a; y = (r * Math.sin((i * Math.PI)/180)) + b; window.moveTo(x,y); } z+= 1; } setTimeout("shake(3)",10000); } </script>
play around with it and make your website rock!

cheerz!
shiv
Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

Interesting code. I've seen it before but sometimes it gets fairly annoying when everytime you walk into a page and it "rocks"? :o Speaking of fancy rocking of webpages, download the latest version of the Comet toolbar, (Yes i know it has spyware but just for a minute or so then scan your computer with ad-aware or something)install it and there's a set of features inside that enable you to do like so many different things to a webpage. There is one that changes the whole page into a WYSIWYG editor and you can change anything in it. I tried it with MSN's and Yahoo!'s webpage and it was fun! :P This also reminds me of the AOL browser where you get certain features to alter the webpage you're seeing, the one i tried was the upside-down feature which, of course tilts your page upside down and i think your cursor goes too.

odd...doesn't work?EDIT: Well it works now...just add this:

<body onLoad="init()">...</body>

Or a link to shake, rattle and roll when clicking

<a href="#" onClick="init()>blah!</a>

Edited by Ronel (see edit history)

i was expecting it do like wot msn messenger does when you nudge someone.wait dont worry, it works well in internet explorer. its not that brilliant in firefox but anyway.

Well, this script just did some funny stuff with the window, it doesn't work in Opera, even though I thought I will turn some javascript things on which I have turned off, due to I don't need them, like allow moving of windows ;) and yeah, doesn't work in Firefox too, at least for me ;) maybe I also have some settings turned off, I don't see any of point to use this script on a website, unless it is a game or something and seems to work only on Internet Explorer, so its for Explorers ;)

Nice gimmick, but useless and annoying imho B) . It won't work here anyway, I've disabled all javascript options in Opera, damn stupid features :rolleyes: .