xisto Community
CrazyPensil

Ideas For A Programmers' Association JOIN

Great to see the topic gaining momentum. Not wasting anymore time, lets get started. I think we need a sound infrastructure to begin with. An IRC chat would also be needed for instant sharing of ideas. We would have to classify people on the basis of their skills, which would require a brief introduction as sparkx presented.

Here are some questions pondering my mind:-

Should we get a domain straightway or work with a free account based subdomain? Before, people start entrusting us with jobs shouldn't we develop some solid applications?

Lets hear on ideas about the infrastructure.

Little Background about me:-

Name: Partho Sarathi a.k.a Max Steel
Profession: Student + Programmer + Gamer
Qualifications:-
Doing Bachelor in Computer Application + GNIIT Software Engineering + Oracle Certified Proffessional Vendor Certification, 6 Months Diploma in Computer Application

Programming Knowledge:-
Academics: 4 years GW-Basic in high school, 2 years C++ (16 bit) in Senior Secondary, 2 months C++ (32 bit) in NIIT, 2 months MS-SQL Server 2000 in NIIT, C# (currently doing) in NIIT

Non Academical: 3 years experience in Visual Basic, 1 year in VB .NET, Other skills: HTML, PHP, XML, Javascript and a few others.

Dating the Computer is my favourite past time :), so expect full commitment from me.

I have a prototype company located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which contains the following softwares:-

Pika Bot -> The most powerful Yahoo! Bot.
Photo Downloader -> Cool tool to search & download photos from the Internet.
Webshots Photo Downloader -> Simulates the browser activity to download Non-Premium photos from the webshots collections.
MD5 Calculator -> Small tool to calculate the MD5 cheksum of a file and compare MD5 cheksums of two files.
Desktop Fun -> A tool that I made out of boredom. Have fun with the Desktop wallpaper.

Here's the list and information of other people who've grouped with me, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now, this is quite an interesting proposition. I would be really interested. But I do not think I can hire myself out as a coder as that is my day job and I am under contractual agreement with them.But I sure can work on graphic design - like icon design, menu design, layout design and other elements that are required.

Well I might aswell shuve my details in here too, seeing others makes me want to for some reason lol.

Name: Christopher Ward, A.K.A: Chesso
Profession: Student, Gaming, Hobbiest Programmer and Web Developer among other stuff.

Programming Knowledge: QBasic, Visual Basic, Borland Delphi, Dev-CPP (C++, mostly for Dynamic Link Librarys), HTML, XHTML, Javascript, PHP, mySQL, FireFox Extensions.

Got a site I built out of boredom but haven't updated in some time here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, has a couple of Delphi applications I made (again out of boredom), Couple of FireFox extensions and some web stuff and what not.

Currently making a game using Delphi/UnDelphiX, just a little 2D game, messing around with the features and stuff.

Hmm... your idea sounds interesting. But, I'm almost a total novice at programming. ;)

So, while this club is made for people who can program, can I still turn to you guys for troubleshooting ideas and advice?