xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

PS3 Out By Nov 06

Its comming .. finally ! .. PS3s will be officially shipped by November 2006. The best part is that they are backward compatible :P. BlueRay disks will fuel the console .. in addition ... movie DVD and PS2 DVD will also be supported .. and the killer feature of it all ........... A 60GB Linux based hard drive !! ..

M all drooling over this baby, and cant wait to get my hands on it .. lets hope to see this sweet piece of gaming gear in the middle east pretty soon .. :o

>> SOURCE <<

Regards

Dhanesh

YESssssssssssssssssssI had heard about this this morning, but I was worried they hadn't confirmed the release for a worldwide date. *sigh of relief* haha. Man I know I won't be able to afford one at launch (probably...) but still, it's nice to know it'll be out before the years end. I have high hopes for the PS3 and didn't want to see the 360 get toooo much of a head start. This way both will be strong the entire generation, meaning better for us :oBut the hard drive is good, they seemed unsure of it beforehand... also a nice props to the linux crowd haha. All in all, a good day for PS3 :P Should be even more info next week at the...uh...whichever conference is going on...

Xbox 360, I suggest it will fell some pressure from now on. The PlayStation 3 will blow it out of the water!! The only strength about Xbox 360 is that their price is slightly lower than PlayStation 3 . By the way, do you know whether they release PS 3 globally or just in Japan only in November. Sony usually release products in their own country first. If it is going to released locally, then we may not being see it in North America and Europe until 2007.

Anyone know its price when it'll come out?I can think of a good reason for them to use Blu-ray disks (besides its large capacity) -- it's more expensive than DVDs and much more rare, so it'll cost more to illegally copy games. But if mainstream computers start supporting Blu-ray disks too, people can easily burn copies of games for a profit, and the disks' price might drop, too.What would the linux drive be used for? To store game data? To play downloaded games from the computer? I don't see how it benefits the PS3.

November 2006, I'm getting sick of this Sony keeps replacing the release date... I hope they will stick to it this time, otherwise om getting crazy.

Its comming .. finally ! .. PS3s will be officially shipped by November 2006. The best part is that they are backward compatible :P. BlueRay disks will fuel the console .. in addition ... movie DVD and PS2 DVD will also be supported .. and the killer feature of it all ........... A 60GB Linux based hard drive !! ..

M all drooling over this baby, and cant wait to get my hands on it .. lets hope to see this sweet piece of gaming gear in the middle east pretty soon .. :o

>> SOURCE <<

Regards

Dhanesh

I heard they changed the date from July in Spring to November in Autumn. But for me, it doesn't really matter when it comes out, so long as it does come out eventually! But PS3 will be in big competition with Microsoft because X-box is releasing Halo 3 at around the same time.

hmmmm ... X-box versus Playstation ... which one??? :o

Ventorms, this is the first time they changed a release date (any other changes were jsut that what people THOUGHT would be the release date turned otu to be wrong...)As far as the price is concerned, I'm betting we'll find out about that either at the conference happening next week (still can't remember the name) or at E3. Regardless it'll probably feel like a blow to the gut haha :oOh and the november release is apparently the global. Originally is was supposed to be released in Japan in Spring and everywhere else in November... I think Sony realizes if they need to push back the spring date but can still maintain production enough to release world wide in November, it's safer to do that. By getting it out in Nov, you give time to have the initial "OMG WAIT IN LINE 25 HOURS FOR IT" rush, then hopefully to restock stores slightly and get another rush for Christmas (Sony claims at least a million PS3's per month after release will be shipped to stores)If they pull off a November release, a strong launch lineup (stronger then..*cough* "some other console's"...) actually putting out the numbers of units they claim they will AND having their online setup ready? Well, then it won't matter if it costs alot of money because people will drain their supplies regardless of how many they try to put into the market. *starts saving...*