xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kushika

MS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I've got a cell that contains a number, and it is likely for hat number to increment or decrement itself on a ragular basis. Could someone briefly explain how it would be made for the number to adjust automatically? For example, lets say that that cell is driven by a database, if I import data from a database, and then the information in the db changes, will Excel adjust accordingly? Please help -- I'm really stuck on this. It's part of some coursework I'm doing and I'm desperate for an answer.

If you really import the cell from a database, the value will change when you perform the import. then, it will not be changed until the next import.If the cell is linked to a query to the database, it will probably change each time you refresh your view or each time you click in the "recalculate now" tag which is hidden somewhere in the Exclel menus.

How to increment the cell values when I linked two excel files

I am using two excel sheets. Sheet1 linked to sheet2.

For ex:

Sheet1's B1 cell linked to sheet1's c1;

Sheet1's B2 cell linked to sheet1's c2;

Sheet1's B3 cell linked to sheet1's c3

When I tried to link the first b1 cell and try to drag to copy on the same way the formulae for b2 and b3 cells., I am not getting the appropriate values. I am getting the same b1 cell values in the cell. I need to get the increment of cell number when I am dragging the cell value to the other cell values.

Can some one help me to solve this issue. It will save lots of my time.

-question by Madhu

can i upload any type of database automatically in to excel sheet?

Suppose we have a cell phone easy recharge,In that message we have many fields like customer number,transaction id,amout recharged,talktime,date,time and so on...

If we store one message in a notepad can it automatically go to excel sheet?

or

If we store that by using a table created by sql can it automatically store in excel sheet?

or

Can you suggest me any solution for this?

This is the one I need very soon for my project...

So,Please assist me soon...

-question by Nalini

Auto update cells in different workbooks?

<p>I have a rather elementary query.</p>

<p>I have a cells in a master workbook containing values for a certain person</p>

<p>now these values are changed everyday.</p>

<p>these values are also copied in a no.Of other workbooks.</p>

<p>I want that these cells in the other workbooks update themselves to the value of the cell in the master workbook</p>

<p>thanx</p>

<p>Abhinav </p>

-question by Abhinav Mehra

collecting data from web to excel...MS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I used webpage on which data changes periodically and automatically get loaded(according to time frame set) to excel sheet linked to the webpage.

I am creating web queries with iql files...

I hope it will help!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by Zia

automatcally open other excel files to update dataMS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I have a database that will export numerous excel files. I have an excel file that uses the data from these exported files. My trouble comes when theses exported files are regenerated by access. The master excel file will not get the updated information from the exported files unless the exported files are opened (even momentarily) while the master file is open.

Q: Is there a way either from access or excel to have the master file get updated automatically.

Thanks

-question by John

Automatically update master file in excelMS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

My name is manjinder and I wnat your help for certen query in excel.

1. I have 200 files of excel and one master file. I want to automatically update the master file when I change into any file from 200 of files.

2. If I change the location of master file then the link of other files in master file should be update automatically.

3. If I change the name of linked file in master then the link of changed name file in master should be update automatically.

-reply by Manjinder

EXCEL STOCK UPDATEMS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I have the stock symbols (tickers) to all thestocks that I'd like it to automatically update the price of the stock and thechange in the stock. There's about 7,000 stocks so it's got to be built very robustly to be able to update each of the stock's price and change.

Also I would like to add stocks to this list over time so that in the nearfuture I can add a stock to the spreadsheet and it will automatically get the priceand change of the stock.

Aside from downloading the stock price and change I'd like it to download thecompany's name of each stock as well so that a column next to the symbol willbe the company name.

-reply by VINAYACHANDRAN GOPALAKRISHNA PANICKER

HI

Between linking of files one file is main file and remaining files having link with taht file. SO any change in perticular file with all files are linked will update changes in all remaining files.

I f your master file having link with any file not other file having link with master file, then automatically changes will update in your file.

Replying to (G)VINAYACHANDRAN GOPALAKRISHNA -reply by prabhat

how to update database in SQL server from excel..MS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

Think about these situation and I really hoping for any suggestion...

1. Upload a excel file, these file is a form that need to be filled up..

2. All the data inside the form need to be sent directly to the database(SQL server)..Update the database automatically when uploading the file..

**IN PHP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE..

Can anyone give me suggestion????Need your guys help...

merging the data from various sources by keeping some column unchanged.MS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I am having a file which is having some indices in first column (Column A) & their value in next column (Column B).

I do have many other text / .Prn/ .Csv files. All these files are having again the same design as of the above one I.E. Indices in Column A & their values in Column B.

Now I want to have the facility to keep first file as a MASTER file, in which Column should remain unchanged (indices), column B is already having some values, I want to just pick the values of same indices but for some other tag from Column C...

Is it possible ? How ?

Thanks

-reply by Hemal

Data from excel to excel from runing VBAMS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I want to export data from 1 excel sheet to another excel sheet without opening the sheets from which data to be exported.

Thanks in advance.

-question by Ravipal

when you tell one cell to = another from another sheet it adds dollar signs before the letter and number of that cell which makes it permanent.  after you make one cell = another from another location such as another sheet.  modify the equation by deleting the dollar signs and then drag to copy and you will see a difference. the cell might look like =sheet2!$A$2.  delete the dollar signs so it says =sheet2!A2 

-reply by Jason

Data refreshing in excel 2007MS Excel -- Automatic Update Of Data

I have conditional formatting on a range of cells but the format that I've specified this range to use, does not take effect until I refresh my page even when the value is true.  I have co-workers using the same version of excel and the exact same document but the range of cells automatically changes to the specified format without them having to refresh their page.  I've looked in my options and can't find anything that's different than their options.  What do I have to change???

-question by Charlene