xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thelucky1

Game Maker?

Hey y'all, just to ask all of you cool dudes if you know where i can get a free action flash game maker that allows me to make games alone and without much knowledge 'bout technology.....Please answer my post................... Thanks a bunch. B)

It has never been easy to mak a game without any knowledge. I guess it would be best to start with Macromedia Flash and a good book. A very good game can be made in flash, and it's not hard-code coding, so you should do just fine. But then again, you MUST know something B)

If you remain ignorant of the underlining information, then eventually you will run into a brick wall (don't take it as offensive).There is software out there that will help you make your own games, but not in flash. Things like GameMaker are the equivalent of a WYSIWYG game maker.To make them in Flash, you will need Macromedia Flash, have knowledge of ActionScript and be able to create things in Flash.But don't worry, there are thousands of free tutorials out there. Just check on Google.

If you really want to make a action game with out having any knowledge whatsoever, look up a freeware game called "Cube". NOT a flash game, but it is a first person shooter with decent graphics that allows you to ALTER EVERYTHING WHILE PLAYING. You can manipulate everything from baddies to weapons and even LEVEL TERRAIN all on the fly. Check it out, it's free...

ROLF. So you want easy? I'll give you easy. Use game maker its the easiest game making device out there. Its good for Adventure and Platform games but I'm sure if you cleaver you can make the limited functions go further. It's free, but if you want all the features you need to buy it. I recommend you get game maker version 6.1 from: https://www.yoyogames.com/ It doesn't make flash games but it does make download games. Check it out :P

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

I heard that Microsoft was coming out with a new product that will make GameMaking very simple for decently motivated users. They will not be the most high quality games, but they will get the job done. I don't know what it is called, but I read about it on the news a couple of months ago. I'm sure Microsoft has something on their website that you can read, but I don't think that it will be free (nothing from Microsoft is free).I don't know about free AND no knowledge. Companies make their money off of making things easy. If something takes alot of knowledge to know how to use, usually it is offered free (like Java). But there are OpenSource versions of virtually everything, but usually they do not work as well as the commercial versions, and the commercial versions are updated much more often.

Don't search for a "free" game system and think you can just do it without reading codes and crap. ive been looking for a good gaming system for 2-4years and there so called "free" is $10-$250!!!Pyost is right but if you like a good demo go to google and type in "free demo of quest creator" its 2D and sorta lame (gets freaken boring) but w/e-Wiseman

GameMaker is probably your best bet, you get free sample games that you can copy to get the feel of it, register on this site to download version 7:http://www.yoyogames.com/
studio

Have you tried Flash V.2?...Its not that hard to use but the only thing you might have to learn is how to make them talk...It took me a few minutes to learn it but atleast you learn it...You can make platformer games,Action games and puzzle games.The only thing that you have to buy for 6 pounds/dollars is the graphics garage where you make the graphics on your enities/objects/people-Bloodhole