xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Erwin

Pictures Of My New Computer - I Just Built

Just want to share my new computer i just build.

Side with cover off: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Side with cover on: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Front: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Front with door open: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Specs

Case: Xion II Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side

Motherboad: Gigabyte 8I915ME-GL Intel Socekt 775 MicroATX Motherboard

Processor: Intel P4 3.2GHZ 800fsb W/ HT

Memory: 1GB (2x512) Kingston PC2700 DDR 333Mhz Memory

Hard Drive: Western Digital / Caviar SE / 250GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-150 / Hard Drive

Cd/Dvd Burner:
Lite-on SHW-1635S / 16x8x16x DVD+RW / 16x6x16x DVD-RW / 8x DVD+R DL / 4x DVD-R DL / 48x24x48x CD-RW / Black/Biege Faceplates / Internal / DVD Writer with Software

Cooling System:

Fans: 2 120mm fans (one in front, one in back)
1 80mm fan (On the side)

Thermal Compound:
OCZ Ultra 5+ Silver

Heat Sink: Cooler Master / Hyper 48 / Socket 754/939/478/775 / Copper / Heatpipe / CPU Cooling Fan

Memory Cooler: Ultra Silver Aluminum Memory Cooler 2-Pack (DDR or SDRAM)

And of course,

WINDOWS XP PRO W/SP2

Fixed links
Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

SP2??? Are you mad. I have the basic XP Pro with no service packs, and just keep my Anti-Virus/Firewall up-to-date and it suites me fine. Whenever we have SP2 in, our modem starts messing up and there is nothing that can be done, as the supposed 'fix' still leaves errors.What's your graphics like? I suppose it would be a 128Mb card or better.

SP2??? Are you mad.

Hey hey hey ... back off buddy B).

I happen to like SP2. Because regular Windows XP Pro (or Home for that matter) doesn't even recognise my 160GB hard disk completely. The limit is only upto 137GB. Even the system feels a bit more stable after SP2. Without SP2 I used to keep getting a message everytime I started the computer that the system has recovered from a fatal problem and blah blah blah even though it was shut down properly. None of that nuisance now after installing SP2.

the windows itself is not a good system, so let's imagine it full of holes without even that weak defence called "SP2", it will really be the most suitable enviroment for hackers, adware, spyware and viruses.it's a good solution to have SP2 with your antivirus and firewall in order to try to close these holes, but the best solution is to un-install windows and install linux B) "no offence, just kidding"good computer mate.

that motherboard is just ALL cpu fan, i guess the micro0-atx makes the fan look bigger.i bought a similar system about a year ago, its crazy how cheap really powerfull machines are when you build em yourself.

I computer is great overall. I always go with intel processors....and sometimes ati, sometimes nvidia at the graphics accelerator position. Personally i would not go with windows xp, but that is mostly just my preference. It would probably show better performance with windows 2000 professional.

Nice indeed. It makes me want a new computer B) Mines getting to be a couple years old and I wont be able to upgrade for another year or two... stupid "not having money" hehe. Actually I might upgrade at the end of this year and pimp the hell out of the system I buy so it lasts me awhile, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.NIce case choice, not my personal style but pretty cool nonetheless.I'm also curious as to the price hehe ;)

I like the case, except the front, it's kinda .. euh ... ugly ?Also to bad you have a µATX board, makes it look so small, simple and basic, but yeah, that's just what I think :o