xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Airtel GPRS Information about my not so regular Internet connection.

This is not an opinion or suggestion. This is a question, I'm a novice to Edge/GPRS techs. I've a W600i from US and I've an Airtel pre-paid sim. I took this hearing about the internet connectivity it offers. Now, can anyone tell me how to connect to internet in my laptop with my phone ? I've bluetooth and data cable. How to do the settings ???? please help me.-Santhosh

internet speed booster

Airtel GPRS

Kya airtel main tata-indicom ki tarah koi driver hai jisse internet ki downloading and surfing speed barh jaye.

Agar hai to please mujhe link dijiye us driver ka.

Please help me.

-reply by shad

gprs setting for nokia-5300

Airtel GPRS

Hi,

I am facing a lot of problem to get support from airtel customer care.I have loged acomplain regarding gprs setting on 06.03.2008,but still that ican't get any result.

Well,my problem is 1.I am reguler user of airtel gprs for last one year.

2.I have recharge rs.299/- on 04.03.2008 &again on 12.03.2008,and get setting(mobile office)from Ajit Saha senior executive.

3.After that I am able to acess in mobile,but unable to

acess in PC (always say packet data connectoin ended)

4.At present when I am going to acess (both PC& mobile)

its sow SUBSCRIBE TO PACKET DATA FIRST.

WELL I AM USING NOKIA 5300 MOBILE HAND SET

WILL YOU PLS.HELP ME TO ACESS NET.OR SEND ME THE MANNUAL SETTING TO MY EMAIL MANTIONED ABOVE.

THANKS.

SUSHANTA PATRA

JALSWAR,ORISSA

O9937201712

-reply by sushanta patra

I remember the lot of Nokia users I had to deal with. They had similar issues, all because of the lack of a simple procedure to use the Nokia mobiles as a modem for the PC. Doing the same on Samsung mobiles is extremely easy. All you have got to do, is install the PC Studio Software. The virtual modem drivers are automatically installed at the end of the installation. Then you can proceed to the connection phase. Start the application, enter the APN (airtelgprs.com) and dial *99***1# from there. This automatically creates a dialup connection which can be subsequently used to directly connect to the Internet.

In your case, the problem seems to be a missing or incorrect Access Point Name. Here's what you should do.

STEP 1: Open the Connection Settings in your mobile

STEP 2: Make sure the Access Point Name is set to airtelgprs.com (This is what it used to be 3 years back. I am not sure about now, though. If it doesn't work re-download the Mobile Office setting from Airtel.)

STEP 3: After STEP 2, you should be able to connect through your mobile. Open the Connection Settings for Nokia PC suite and enter the Access Point Name there.

I am using Airtel Prepaid connection Airtel Gprs.Can I increase the speed of surfing.Please give me suffiecient tricks fast as fast.-question by Mukesh Kumar Dewangan

about connection and comparison

Airtel GPRS

I am using nokia6233 can you tell about procedure to get the settings and camparisons between spice,bsnl,vodafone and rim. Suggest as early as possible...

-reply by Prasad

boost GPRS

Airtel GPRS

Send link yar Please how get speed my airtel internet service

Model=3310 nokia classic

Conect trhough =GPRS,blutooth

-reply by ravi kumar

neywork settings while downloading opera mini 4.1 version

Airtel GPRS

While downloading opera mini 4.1 version ,my nokia 5300 shows the downloading process but fail to install and also there is a very slow speed while surfing,

e.G while downloading a video song through internet it takes almost 1 to 2 hours.It also not sending the e-mail messages and showing chek connection settings. Please help...

-reply by prashant kumar

airtel gprs problem

Airtel GPRS

I activated airtel live in my cell and within a few minutes it put an end to my entire credit. I barely used it for a minute or two. This problem wz also faced by some of my frenz aswell.

-reply by Maria

Use Free download managerAirtel GPRS

Use Free download manager for consistantdownloading speeds ranging from 6-7 kbps and startearnnow.99k.Org to learn how to convert your connection speed into huge money

-reply by jonathan

airtel gprs connectionAirtel GPRS

well, I was planning to take a GPRS connexion for my lg kp500. Can you tell me which service provider will gimme a free GPRS connexion.I currently useMTNL that charge 0.1 RS / KB.

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackAirtel GPRS

you sud use ucweb browser in your mobile. It must b help you.

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords:

When we use with mobile office GRPS connection,  airtelmail server is not supported to GPRS connection.

thanks to confirm, N73 phones are supported to airtelmail server.  if not thanks to advise how can we proceed for Airtelmail server to GPRS connection with mobile office.

Loooking forwarded to hearing from you

b.Regds

babu

slow speed of airtel GPRSAirtel GPRS

sir,

I am from the northen state of Democratic India I.E Jammu and Kashmir. I am permanently using airtel GPRS right from its launching in the state. Times a long I am using it from different handsets and nos. Now I am using a postpaid no (9797441413) with a nokia N81 handset with the monthly GPRS 249/- plan. The gprs is being used by meon my Laptop through PC Suite. Even paying such a huge amount per month, Airtel is giving only  6-7 kbps which is vogue. The Airtel is befooling the common folk just by saying that the speed of GPRS is 460 kbps instead of 7 kbps. There is no organised body to look in to thew dishonesty of the organisation. Kindly is there any person who can suggest me to increase the speed of GPRS. Other wise I have to unsubscribe from AIRTEL GPRS. It is pertient bto mention here that till date no AIRTEL broadband is launched in J&K state. Please suggest me the solution if any. Your guidance shall make me highly thankful

Arshad Malik, Resident of Village Samote.

Tehsil Budhal and Distt Rajouri

Jammu & Kashmir

-reply by Arshad Malik

why we r using airtelAirtel GPRSHai my dear friends, most people were using airtel but they get a few range or speed.We have right to complient to the airtel care. I have trick to get fully free gprs in airtel connection. In dial up we use numbers of *99# or *99***1# or *99**1*# pls use this number to dial by shaheed.T-reply by mshaheed7