xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Marche00

What Is Your Opinion Of The Mozilla Products ?

Firefox is awesome in fact I am using it right now. I feel the extensions really make it the best. Im really not into the skins but the adblocker and video downloader really useful. Firefox was the first to come out with tabbed browsing and i think they have perfected it. Yahoo and Internet Explorer just dont cut it when it comes to extra features. Besides there are so many viruses and spyware targeted specifically at IE so if you use Moxzilla you wouldnt even have to worry about that. Although I havent tried out Thunderbird, I have tried out FileZilla which is the best ftp client i have seen so far. I places everything you need to see in a clean and organized way. So Moxzilla is definitly the way to go and to top it all off its FREE!

I never use email clients - only webmail, so I can't give my opinion on Thunderbird, but FIREFOX IS THE BEST BROWSER I KNOW OF!!! :D It is considerably faster than IE and has better stability. I dont understand the deal with tabbed browsing. If the program crashes, all pages will be lost. Instead, just use new windows. That's what I like about IE but not Firefox. Ahh well, some people like it :unsure: . For Mozilla, now SeaMonkey, I can say it's great, only the composer is a bit funny (bad funny, not funny funny! :D ) and acts a bit stragely. I like all in one suites like SeaMonkey and Microsoft Office.~souradipm

The only Mozilla product I use is Firebox internet browser and it's addons. I switched from Internet Explore a few months ago. So far I love it. Although I've made it my default browser, I still kept internet explore because there are some features that are different. The main reason I like Firebox is it is a lot faster than IE. I also really like the tabs and the vairous add-ons allows me to check my emails.

I started using the Mozilla browser a few years ago because I didn't want to use Internet Explorer. It was basically just like Netscape. Then I found out about Firefox and it became my default browser for a long time. Like other users, I like Firefox because it has that tabbed interface along with other cool features that can be installed called extensions.Most users will probably need to keep Internet Explorer since there are some sites that won't work properly without it. One main one is Microsoft's Windows Update site.

All of you who say IE is better then Firefox make me cry. Really,......... cry. Firefox has developed to be so much more safer, sufficient, quick, fun to work with, where as IE hasnt had any MAJOR improvements over a LONG period of time! The whole mozilla project has grown incredibly quick and its proving to be the best thing out there since chernobyl. Microsoft haave just bin lazy!!!! This is why Linux is now taking over with MAJOR projects being created literaly everyday!!!!!!! Come on!!!! forget your old IE Microsoft lazy-tart browser!!!!Which would you have?- 10 different browser windows in your toolbar opened at the same time, crowding up, confusing you OR- them 10 windows in one? (in tabs)I just dont get you dudes........

All of you who say IE is better then Firefox make me cry. Really,......... cry.

Um...perhaps they were talking about IE7? Which also has tabs? Lol. linux-penguin, I love your avatar..waaaay too funny. Haha.

I use Firefox, and I find it quite good. I like the tabbed interface, the added security, the addons (especially adBlock...forget ads!). The biggest problem with it is its bloatedness. It takes up around 100,000K after using it for a couple of hours, which can get really annoying. I then have to shut Firefox down, and (luckily because I have Firefox 2 Beta), it'll save the session for me so that I can reload it. If Mozilla could somehow improve the memory issue, I would be really satisfied.

Of course, Firefox is free, unlike Internet Explorer, so I can't complain. And besides, Firefox is great when it comes down to standards compliance. I remember the other day when trying with a friend to design a website for our school's club--IE would just not display right. >< We called it Internet Exploder. :D

When I'm using my computer, I'd rather use Firefox. I switched about 3 or so months ago from IE. I don't understand the tabbed browsing. I open up one page and it closes the page I was in, so where is the tabs? But I love all the add-ons/extensions that Firefox offers, especially for programmers. I have a few of them on my computer. You wont find things like that on IE (I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong). I've also found that FF loads things faster for me. I've heard others say it is slower, but I've had the opposite reaction. So even if IE7 does come out with this tabbed browsing, I'm not going to switch back. Yes, it will still be an option on my computer for certain things, but Firefox will definitly be my main browser.

For me, I LOVE MOZILLA products. It's open source, unrestricted, secure and most of all fast. It's the most popular multi-OS web-browser out there!However, one criticism is, can someone in the Mozilla team stop using the GTK+ backend for Firefox/Thunderbird? It slows everything down, I rather they use the faster QT engine and they still avoid all licensing issues because it's opensource software...xboxrulz

I prefer Mozilla Firefox and Opera over Internet Explorer. However, I still use Mozilla (SeaMonkey), Netscape, Avant Browser, and Maxthon.If you don't want to run Microsoft services in Internet Explorer, try using Maxthon or Avant Browser, they are much safer.Anyways, I use all browsers regularly, except Internet Exploder.

For me, I LOVE MOZILLA products

I second this. Sure, I did use Internet Exploder a lot, but at that time I was just an unexperienced kid. It took some time for my dad to persuade me to switch to Firefox (:D), but when I did, I found out what a blessing it had been.

Of course, after that, I just had to see if Mozilla was good in other areas, too. I download Thunderbird - and guess what? I liked it more than Outlook Express ;)

Mozilla's products are fast, free, full of options and are spreading. On the other hand, IE and Microsoft steal things from other companies (Tabs? Where have I seen them before?) and are slowly losing their customers. According to Wikipedia, Firefox is being used by 12% of the internet population, whereas IE is used by 85%.

You might ask yourself - how come there is such a difference if Firefox is better? It's quite simple actually. Out of those 85%, 35% don't know how to change the browser, and 30% use it through AOL browser without even knowing it. Microsoft should be embarrassed, for these are not the tactics a good product uses.

one more thing why people is still on the Internet Exploder is that windows patches is being served only via Internet Exploder browser and not on other kinds of browsers..I think this is a blackmail approach..with lots of configuration.. I have setup and FORCE windows update to use Firefox..there are times anyway that Internet Exploder still gets called even if you uninstall it..

Well, what would you do if you were Bill Gates? Would you allow updates through a program your company had not made? I doubt it. It's all about controlling the market, and it seems that all techniques are allowed. We (Windows users) probably don't know half the things Internet Explorer does behind out back! OK, that sounded like a conspiracy.. But maybe there is such a thing..

We (Windows users) probably don't know half the things Internet Explorer does behind out back! OK, that sounded like a conspiracy.. But maybe there is such a thing..

i do notice that one.. IE or XP is always trying to sneak a connection into the internet using svchost even on fresh install, firewall on and no liveupdates.. just the plain old windows xp and my trusty zonelab software..

in random times of 5mins to 30mins.. my zonelabs firewall asked me that windows or IE is trying to access the internet.. for what purpose.. i dont know but putting windows svchost and IE on the ban list for internet access do nothing in change with how my box operate and function

--
** i think i am getting sleepy.. it is 4:07am here and i now mispell alot even with what i am doing.. i just err.. crashed the cron job i made since it is writing on a mispelled table name on errors..
Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

Yeeeah, ZoneAlarm is a real life saver. If you are offline, it doesn't matter which programs try to access the internet, but if you are online all the time, you should care. Let's say about 80 percent of programs try to access the internet when starting. And I wouldn't be suprised if I got a "Critical error" warning when disabling IE's internet access. I'm sure Windows and IE send various data to Microsoft without us even knowing. That's why it's good to control every single port on your machine :D

i just wonder what information that this IE and Windows is trying to send.. one thing i hate with zone alarm is that sometimes the default settings is on paranoid setup.. maybe depends on the version..On my third day using it with a fresh install.. a message pops asking me if i will allow access or block Zone Alarm for running.. :D The old program ask me if i will allow himself to run or not.. anyway.. the risk factor is said is very minimal.. maybe it wants to update itself up..