xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Marche00

What Is Your Opinion Of The Mozilla Products ?

I use Netscape 7.2 daily, it is probably the best browser out there for posting on multiple bulletin boards at the same time using the tab feature. Seamonkey is similarly based on the GRE and I would use it for everything apart from viewing wmv files as it cannot cope without using a huge amount of memory.

IE 7 beta has tabs? When I tried to install it I couldn’t launch IE at all so I had to uninstall. I was planning on waiting until they’ve fixed all the bugs. Is it as fast as firefox?

the only Mozilla Product i use if FireFox, i have nothing much against it but it does have its downfalls

I like how you can tab websites and i love the themes you can get for it, although it does have major problems with loading and displaying sertain websites, for example... my forum, GlobalWeb gets displayed perfectly in Internet Explorer BUT when uing firefox to view it sometimes the page doesnt load fully.

Another thing is on http://www.rotteneggs.com/ it displays half the directory pages out of the page, not good, i think they will get it sorted

if i rated out of 1-10, (10 being best,1 being worst) i think i would give it a... erm... 9

I used Mozilla because a computer technician installed it on my computer because Internet Explorer wasn't blocking viruses properly.I downloaded the Beta version of Internet Explorer then deleted it, it looked nice but things work best on Mozilla.I liked the "polished" effgect on the IE screen it looked, urrm "nice".As for Thunderbird, it was brilliant when I got it, but not so good now I think, but I could never set up POP3 accounts with Outlook, it was just too difficult!I would download Mozilla, and Thunderbird is probably one of the best out there on e-mail applications, but could look nicer, but don't let that put you off its easy set up.

Firefox 2 beta 2 is out!

Posted Image

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/

Extensions

Extensions installed under previous versions of Firefox may be incompatible with Firefox 2 Beta 2.

(None will work right now atm - but still like it. Hope adblock updates soon)

While some claim it's not as good as they hoped just because the version number, I disagree. I like the new layout and the few good features, as well as a performance boost I noticed. (And most likely better stability vs some extensions that may cause memory leaks).

Besides from that, streamed media seems to work for me again at last. I like Firefox even more now, and deserved its version number (of all the improvements since 1.0; definitely).

I don't use any of the other mozilla products as I don't need them (I don't use mail clients). I've tried Camino on the mac though and thought it was a great product too.

The extension fanbase makes it great. Mozilla is also decently fast with updating the browser to support the latest css code etc.

kewl I use Firefox, Thunderbird and Sunbird :)Sunbird is a nice Calendar I like it for it's Rainlendar compatibility.Mozilla products are easy to use and I wouldn't want to miss it :DI also have the portable versions on my usb flash drive :)I will use FF no matter if the new IE is out or not Since I have internet I use FF

I would say firefox was great but after a few 'bugs' that was really annoying plus the very slow startup times, i switched to opera, no problems so far and it would be the greatest browser i've used.I have never really used thunderbird because opera has integrated email capabilities.Right now i am installing ie7 to have as a backup browser.Overall i think mozilla is a good company but after some bugs i have experienced i wouldnt switch back

Mozilla products - they should seriously be the only products used by people. First of all, they're open-source, which means its secure, multi-platform and leading-edge in the new, cool stuff (well, this is the case in Mozilla products, but rarely any other open source programs). On the other hand, Internet Explorer 7 may have tabs, but Mozilla had tabs from the very beginning. IE implemented them on their SEVENTH version! and no, tabs aren't new at all, they're in Netscape, Konqueror, Epiphany, you name it. Except Internet Explorer. And with their "Genuine Advantage" stuff, you have to have a legal copy of windows to get insecure, buggy software full of holes.

Mozilla products are products, what have good security on right way. I have usen Firefox for long time, and it blocked all pop ups I never encountered. Mozilla could continue what they have already did. Making good products with right security and functionality. ;)

Firefox is absolutely great, with such a variety of mods. Many aren't really too fond of thunderbird, as they kind of expect a 'firefox with all the mods' for mail versions.