xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
teartrack_sos

Do U Like Paintshop Pro?

Do u like Paintshop Pro?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I kinda do, kinda don't.

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
Stop making posts like these - which do not contribute anything meaningful to our forums. One-liners are absolutely abhorred here - and if you go back and take a look, ALL your posts are like this. If you don't stop making such posts, we'll have to take your posting rights away. We don't want our forums to be flooded with such meaningless stuff.
Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Paintshop pro is ok for very light work. but really it is poor software.the other day i needed to send some files to a magazine for possible publication, they have a stardard mac+adobe type office set up. they couldn't even open the files that paintshop pro had created. that possibly cost me publication [they didnt print my piece] dont think that i hate psp becasue of that. i dont hate it, it is just not worth losing out over having the wrong software for the job.

I used to use Paint Shop Pro (version 6 and 7) all the time when I was a journalism student. The software worked really well for the basic photo editing that we did for each paper.But then somebody higher than me on the student chain saw other student newspapers doing "cutouts" - i.e. cutting out backgrounds of photos and all that creative stuff - so the next thing I knew everybody was making me cut out just about every single freaking photo in the entire 12-page newspaper. Granted, we only put out an issue every other week, but that's still a lot of cutting out. And the effect is really lost when you're doing it with every photo.Oh, well. That's just one of the reasons I'm an English major now *grins*

I used to be a PsP man. I did all my website graphics and other random stuff with it. I think the first version I ever used was 3 and then kept upgrading to version 7 (I think). Than I decided to try Photoshop. Everyone talked about it so I thought I guess I should give a go and as I'm going to be working in the IT industry I thought learning the basics of Photoshop would be nice. So then I tried and fell in love. Paintshop Pro is a good editor, with enough features for many users, but it just isn't as good as Photoshop.

Like many, I used PSP until I got ahold of photoshop. I still keep psp on my system at all times and use it if I jsut want to do a quick minute or two of editing an imagine (quick color effect or blur or add a label or whatnot) but for anything more then that I use photoshop. Paintshop is a great piece of software for the basics but once you crank it up a notch photoshop simply masacres it. There is no real comparison.I know this topic was just a "do you like PSP" but if you've used photoshop you can't NOT compare the two directly heh.

Not really. Many professionals say that it is a good starter software as it is user friendly. However, when I came to using it I didn't like the shabby-ness of what it looked like. By shabby-ness I mean the strange toolbars appearing when they want to and the ugly icons. This is just the surface of course, but it's whole layout looked like a very bad mimic of Photoshop.I have used Photoshop, but couldn't get to grips of making a new layer everytime I wanted to create something.Anyway, I suppose PSP has the ability to do the key bitmap (raster) features that Fireworks doesn't, but when it comes to it, I much prefer Fireworks and even Photoshop (when I have the patience for it).

I think it good for the basic work but really not for hard work.More people like use it to computer graphics or painting more than retoughing.Photoshop is the best for me^ ^.haaaa

I'd agree. I started using PSP with v5, now I'm using v9. I use it for making web graphics and other simple projects, and red-eye removal on digital photos, but I prefer ULead Photo Express for anything else.

Rebecca x :D

PSP is great for begginers! I used to use PSP 7 alot a while back,I still use it but very rarely though,but i'm gonna stick with Photoshop CS2.