xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yordan, yordan, yordan......

Can't you tell a joke when you hear one?

Of course I am not after millions.

Billions would suit me better. ?

No, but I know, it is all very unfortunate, the small fish are usually the ones that do the big work, while it is the big sharks (literally) who run away with the big pieces of food.

Nevertheless, I like doing those kinds of things, like testing out software or testing websites to see if they are working properly etc. just because it interests me and this kind of activity can be very exciting.

These are the main reasons, I know you're never going to get rich on helping people, but, there you go.

Oops, didn't realise one sentence would matter.

Especially since you did it too.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I rest my case.

It would be a nice thing to end this post with a Latin quote, but I think it'll be best not to bother if I want to keep my nose clean.

And it might also be a good thing to cut this post short too.

It will be easier (and safer) for me not to go into any long explanations.

I used 000webhost in the past for testing purposes, and it used to be quite good.

However, it looks like they have put quite a few restrictions on their free hosting now.

I don't think you can access your MySQL database remotely anymore.

It seems they only work with subdomains now, unless you let them host a domain for you.

They give you 1 Gb of space but only allow 2 websites to be on there.

They also seem to rely heavily on people using their website builder, turning it into a sort of a glorified Wix site.

When I went back to my testing site after a period of inactivity, it was gone, so I set up a new one, and most of the functions I needed for testing purposes I could not use anymore, although some of the things are listed among their features, it doesn't mean they all work.

(My personal opinion and experience, though).

5 hours ago, Corund said:

I thought InfinityFree was the best web host right now, but maybe I'm wrong. Has anyone used it?

Just tried once, but infinityfree seems blocked by my firewall.