xisto Community
EricSM

Need Help Dual Monitors

i have an ati x700 pro and i want to hook up to monitors for gameing purposes plus some other stuff ... the x700 has 1x vga 1x s-vid and 1x dvi....i got an adapter so i could hook up a secong vga monitor to the dvi.... now the mouse crosses over to the second monitor but the second monitor is blank/black screen...any help would be greatly appreciated thx... :)

well i gues you would need special driver utilities for that to make full screen of opengl or directx spread on both ends have you tried omega drivers from ATI

There should be no problem as long as you got the software set up right. So download the latest drivers and software and install. If you have done so and it doesn't work you might wish to get a driver cleaner utility and remove all old drivers and then install the new ones. Then of course you might have the software installed correctly but setting wrong for your monitor. Could it be that you're trying to use too high resolution or refresh rate? If you suspect it, drop the resolutions significantly and see if it works.

xp has the ability to enable/disable dual monitor. Go to the screen properties (where you can select resolution etc.). There you right-click on the 2nd monitor and select the first option (attach or dock, I have a dutch xp, so I don't know what it is in english).