xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vicious_AD

Your Prediction For The "next iPod" What comes next?

I am guessing they will come out with an iPod with satellite capabilities to offer a month to month service where you can download music and video directly to the device, and be radio capable. It'll probably still have the same type of look though, as the other iPods.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ https://l''>https://l'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ https://l

Apparently they like video :) And touchyness.

As for longer term predictions, I think we'll see alot more with itunes type music stores. More and more media will be able to be pruchased and delivered digitally. Personally I haven't used any of that stuff, btu the concept seems sound.

I'd also agree on the integration idea. I think they'll keep trying to put all out devices together into one which frankly I am a fan of. I'm hoping that by the time I need a new cell in a year or so I can buy one with a high quality mp3 player with a few gigs of space... that would be awesome. They already have our phones, cameras, mp3 players, and pdas (to some extent) integrated well. They will probably continue trying to make it so that these jacks of all trades are all high quality at everything they attempt, as well as integrating possibly even more devices and features together. I would never buy a pda, but if I could buy a marginally priced cell phone mega pda mp3 camera devicer frigger upper then I wouldn't mind that at all haha.

But yes, digital content delivery and device integration would be my main predicitions. .. anyone remember the show "Earth: Final Conflict"? The only thing I actually remember about it is these weird slide open pda like alien tech things... now THAT would be sweet haha. A screen that isn't always open... really not that far fetched since they have that "digital paper" stuff they've been working on. Haha, carrying a little device that expands to a 2 - 17 inch screen or something... that'd be awesome :P:D:D *goes off into day dreams about random techy goodness*

Portable potty IPod... Ok that was a terrible joke >_<I'm going along the lines that Ipod will team up with some phone company like maybe Verizon t mobile or something I don't know, and they'll actually have the ability to have Ipods make telephone calls! If Google can do anything, then maybe Ipod, which I don't really like Ipods for unknown reasons, can rise higher by being absolutely convenient!There's also the possibility of it searching the internet with nice speed, or take video shots of people and stuff. The Ipod has an emense ability of doing whatever they choose to do. I'm pretty sure they'll be a lot of companys backing the whole thing up if given the chance to do so.Money Money Money I tell you !

I think iPods will be gone in years to come and be replaced with Rokr, W600i phones.ORiPod Micron <-- newest iPod, magnifying glass included, we're not responsible if you lose it B)Anyways, I got a Rokr and I'm happy (except the 100 song cap)xboxrulz

Hm, maybe someday but I can't imagine it being anytime soon. Unless the voice functionality is severely optional. Most economic voice rec software is pretty spotty at best as far as I know, so it'd be hard to base an entire iteration of a hardware giant on such a tech. Someday maybe, but not for awhile I'd be willing to bet.

I hadn't seen the ipod nano's before. I have to say I was really impressed. I am hanging out until a 10Gb version comes out, because they're just a bit too small right now.As for what comes next? I think first mobile phones, followed by a wirelessly networked ipod, which downloads the songs as you want them. Sounds like radio, only you get to choose the music.

Did anyone see that one episode of Saturday Night Live where "Steve Jobs" was introducing a new iPod every 3 minutes? They kept getting smaller and smaller, having higher storage capabilities (like 8 million songs), and being able to do crazy things like float in the air because it was so small and lightweight.Lol Sorry, I don't actually have an iPod or follow the technology, but I thought that was relevant to the discussion.

Apple's latest iPod, the iPod Nano was a great success. It had a major change in both the design and function which appealed to the market and the public. It was slimer, the colour was better and the capactiy was nearly the same. These are all the features that people look for when they buy there mp3s.With all this said, if Apple's gonna design and manufacture and new iPod, then it's going to have to have all the above features and more. Because if the new iPod has a load of 'under quality' features compared to the iPod Nano, then people won't buy it and they might also stop buying the iPod Nano because Apple would've been given a bad name.The iPod Nano was really good, so if Apple want to beat that, then they will have to come up with something stunning. I predict that the new iPod will have more capactiy, more media playing options and a new shape. I very much doubt that Apple will be able to make an even slimer iPod compared to the iPod Nano.But whatever iPod Apple chooses to make, it will need to be even more spectacular than the iPod Nano or Apple will lose it's name! B)

I think ipod's gonna be like google, taking over the things they are handing out. If Ipod keeps it up, we can expect some of the most advance music/video/radio/etc essentials ever. Heck, I wouldn't be suprised if Ipods were one day recommended as a help tool for school haha XDSo, if Ipod can step up, but one day fall, what would be the likely reason to that? That's something to contemplate about haha.

Oh another aspect of the technology side of the iPod that I think we'll see changing soon is the storage medium. While they'll probably have miniHD based ones available for a long time to have the super huge storage available, I think we'll see more and more go solid state memory as they manage to get larger sizes of solid state memory available. I know one company released (or is soon releasing) a 10gig flash drive mp3 player so I can't see why Apple wouldn't be following in suit. Personally solid state seems more logical as its faster (I believe?) and would reduce the number of moving parts, which is always a plus for bat life and durability.Then again who knows, maybe they'llcome up with an innovative new storage method. Personally I think 60gigs is more then enough for anyone :| So I'd rather them focus on features or improving the tech, rather then trying to jump to 80 or 100gig ipods.

I think the next one won't be anything revolutionary. If it were, we would have to wait at least 5 more years for it to be released. But it's not good for them to have that big pause. They would lose giant amounts of money that way.Maybe we could expect something more efficient next time. It could be useful if the next one was more ergonomic (that's the word, right?) and with mroe functions. AFAIK, the latest iPod's don't have radio and/or voice recording feature (I'm not sure). That's a BIIIG minus. They need to have at least this:- mp3,wma,wav and more formats support- voice recording- FM tuner- lost of side functionsBesides this, the next iPod generation would be nice to have video playback option, as something like that is expected.

My prediction would be that iPODs will trend towards integration with all the other peripherals we tote around in our pockets. The video iPOD is clearly an example of this. So was the cellphone iPOD. My guess? there will be 'psp' iPODS with the capability of handheld gaming devices. There will be an XM iPOD. there will be a digital camera/cellphone/PDA/blackberry/iPOD that will literally allow you to take a picture, email it off, call and/or text the recipient to let them know you sent them a picture and finally listen to that song you just downloaded and bought wirelessly while you were waiting for a reply back. Integration is the future. At least i hope so. I'm running out of pockets and electrical sockets to charge up all my goodies!!!