xisto Community
nhlgoalie2003

How To Play Mac Games On Windows And Vice-versa

The problem is that any windows games that have more than basic grathix cant play on mac because mac uses open GL and windows dosn't

Windows does use OpenGL. It depends on the game ... whether it is compatible with openGL or directX.

You could use Virtual PC .. but umm i dont know if you could play PC games as smooth as in PC

Nope, in all probability, games won't work in Virtual PC. I've tried it out in VMWare, but they just wouldn't work. Your best bet would be, as Dhanesh said, to get the games with native Mac support.

If you get the Intel-based Macs, it is said that it could run Windows on the Mac.
Yet, I could be wrong.

xboxrulz

The new dual-processor macs can in fact install a full windows program on the mac, now this also opens you up to all the vulnarabilities of the windows system as well, so I've yet to go that far.

Play mac games on the PC?May I ask to which games you could be possibly referring to then? Super breakout, super breakout 2 and zork aren't really worthwhile to play on PC. As for the other games I'm sure they are ports from their respective PC versions or not as noteworthy at the very least.

You would really have to specify exactly what games and its developer. Since many developers make games, they usually all make them differently. Some games are more adaptable than other, some are less stable, some are more stable, etc. It would really be helpful if you would specify what you are trying to port from Windows or Mac. (Then there are some that just aren't worth the effort)

I used Virtual PC for Mac for years, but now I would use Bootcamp, but there hasn't been a need for me to use windows in the past couple years. I've often thought about buying a cheap Windows machine to play Falcon 4.0 Allied somethinguruther but never have. After next month I think I'll have about an extra $850 and seriously might consider getting a new play box and adding a second HDD for FreeBSD to use a full time Blender 3D render agent.

Well, this is starting a whole new argument, but anyway, I have a windows XP pro, and at high school there is this fully sick game on the macs, I was wondering if there was a free application floating around on the web allowing you to play mac games on Windows. If you know of it, Regards Tha gamer prop-tha gamer prop

mac games

How To Play Mac Games On Windows And Vice-versa

I wanna play redline on my mac but I accidentally made it into a windows xp now I cant play it and its annoying I really need a way of playing this game

-John