xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neverseen

How To Find The Max CPU Temperature Of AMD ?

Does anyone know what is the normal and maximum temperature for an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ? A coule of days ago I've bought a new motherboard and a CPU... Installed them.. started my PC, all loaded very well e.t.c.. but when I started a software which needed a lot of CPU, my PC has shut down.. then I restarted the PC, installed 'Core Cell' to see the temperature, and the temperature was about 70 °C..then I started my programm again which forced the CPU a bit, and it raised to 80°C or even 85°C... I'm not sure that this is normal.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

it is not normal that temperatures get so high, check your cooler or buy a new cooler and at normal it should be 40-46 °C maybe more if your cpu is powerful. :S

Yea, I would say 40's were normal, temp's getting that high should be making your cpu have some issues, alot of BIOS settings make your comp shut off when the temp gets too high as a saftey precaution and I know mine shuts off below 80... you can probably google for cpu temperature information and find some fairly quickly about processors in feneral and about your's specifically. Just dig around a bit on google and some hardware forums and see if anyone has similar issues.But I would agree with Q, check you're cooling, make sure your fan(s) are working, and make sure your processors heat spreader isn't falling off or something. Also I've noticed if there is a huge buildup of dust on the proc's heat spreader it can raise temps 5-10 degrees, but that still wouldn't make yours jump as high as you say yours is... definitly worth checking into more as running your cpu hot will cause stability issues and possibly reduce its life expectency

Somethings wrong yeah.My overclocked AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ which is clocked at 2400mhz now. Has temperatures of 36 idle and 45 stressed.I heard a while ago from someone that AMD's shouldn't get hotter than 55 degrees.With 70, you can be lucky that your cpu didn't die on you yet.Here's what you can do.- Check if the fan of the cpu-cooler is spinning.- Check if the cooler makes contact with the processor itself.- If possible, try using the processor in another computer for a comparison test.- If all doesn't work out, check the bios settings to see if cpu settings are correct :cpu speed = 200mhzcpu multiplier = 10xcpu voltage = auto or 1,4 Voltsif anything is different, change it to the appropriate valueFinally, if even the bios inspections don't pay off. Bring the cpu back because then it's just broken.

I guess the operating tempratures of processors must be tabularized some where on AMD site. They calculate this kind of stuff while designing the Processors. But One this i have experienced is that the cooler doesnt mean the better. AMD operates in an optimal temprature range. I think its from mid 30s to almost 50 ..but this is just experience with my system..Any hotter or colder makes my system potentaiily hang.Any ways a quick search tunrned up this : http://www.cpuscorecard.com/cpufaqs/mar00d.htm

ohhh, dude if ur toping 80 degrees C ur going to burn ur cpu to bits. u should really under clock it to make it run less hotly. the norm. for all cpu's out there right now is about 60 tops. anything over that ur pushing it, mind u there are some exeptions. also just to let u know for about every 10 degrees less ur doubleing ur cpus lifespan!so thats why people overclock cpus when there at the end of there usefullness, i did it to mine just becouse i felt like seeing how hot it could be :D

it's an old trick, but if when your cpu is running that hot, try touching the heatsink.If it's realy hot, than there is something wrong with the heatsink (not capable, bad airflow, ...)If it's on the cold/warmer side, then there could be a bad contact between the heatsink base and the IHSoryou need a BIOS update because the current one is completely wrong.

Does anyone know what is the normal and maximum temperature for an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ?

I'm not sure that this is normal.

1064334240[/snapback]

Sure thing it's not normal. Ok, first of all you will want to find your CPU warranty and user-guide, or if you buy it in OEM package, try at manufacturers page, (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), and see what's is nominated temperature. But if you ever find yourself in doubt, ask yourself: Could I operate, and think good if I would be burn on 85°C? Now, really, no. Then, same thing goes for CPU. So, get a new heatsink, or some watercooling system, fan, bigger case, freezer or something to cool it down before it burns. :D