xisto Community
GNR-D

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

What do you prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

Rap is awful. The worst type of genre, next to gino beats. The only rap that is good is old school rap like cypress hill. Rock is way better. Rockers have more talent, better lyrics, put on a better show, has actually meaning to the songs and more. Rap degrades woman, teaches young kids, like myself to do drugs, teaches to kill people. Rock is the most well known and respected genre in the world. Now I'm not saying all rock is good. The new rock from today like Nickleback, Headly, Linkin Park and many many other is garbage. The classic rock like KISS, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Kansas, Black Sabbath, Egles and many many others is the real rock.

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?Rap is awful. The worst type of genre, next to gino beats. The only rap that is good is old school rap like cypress hill. Rock is way better. Rockers have more talent, better lyrcs, put on a better show, has actuall meaning to the songs and more. Rap degrades woman, teches young kids, like myself to do drugs, teaches to kill people. Rock is the most well known and respected genre in the world. Now I'm not saying all rock is good. The new rock from today like Nickleback, Headly, Linkin Park and many many other is garbage. The classic rock like KISS, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Kansas, Black Sabbath, Egles and many many others is the real rock.

Rock is so freakin dumb. Especially Metal and all that crap. All they do is scream and talk about suicide. Yeah rap talks about killing people but I would rather kill someone else than myself. And Rappers have a better sense of style and better sounding music. Cool cars, clothes and shoes. And they have normal and not ****ed up hair... Rap is creative with beats and lyricism and doesnt always talk about hoes and drugs. There is also money, other people, hard life, dancing, cars, and other stuff. I even heard a song about energy drinks.. So they don't always talk about the same stuff like some of you people say.

and btw who would get two huge lip rings???

(David Draiman - Disturbed)

or wear a stupid mask that has a D**K for a nose? and jerk it off on stage?

(retarded guy - Slipknot)

Sincerely,

The Coolest Guy On Earth

Rock is rarely abut suicide, what your talking about is Punk or Emo(yes its a music genre). Metal is more like going against what people say is right. Actually rock and metal can be about a lot of things. Don McLean(classic rock) sung things about love. AC/DC just basically sings about doing what they want and standing out. Coldplay is just whatever they feel. Ect. Rock I unique to every person that writes it. Really a lot of rock isn't like what  say it is. Actually that isn't even the stereotype of rock.

-reply by RockerFonzo

as i can see most people prefer rock....which is what i expected.i also prefer rock over rap cause i'm a biker,and you really can't ride while someone talks softly in your ear and tells you to go f... yourself or that sort of things.i dont listen only rock,i am listening to punk,metal and that sort of music...

I respect all types of music, but as an MC (rapper) myself I obviously listen to more HipHop (rap). I agree a lot of rappers talk about the same old bull****, money, drugs, violence and sex, but there are a lot of MCs who rap about other, more positive things, you just don't hear it as much because, lets face it, violence and sex sells, so of course such music is all over the radio and televison, saturating the market, And as for rap having no meaning, for many MCs thats just simply not true. Its not Rap itself that is negative, its the rapper in question.

Rock vs RapRock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

I submitted my opinion yesterday, and its not on here, I would like to know why? Maybe because it was in support of rap, and so you don't want it on here, because this site seems to be quite biased towards rock. You people are ignorant and no nothing of true HipHop. I respect all music, including rock, after all all genres represent the same thing: human expression.

-reply by Rorshach

ROCK ****EN RULEZRock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?ROCK IS MUCH BETTER THAN RAP,HIP HOP, R&B, (ETC)ROCK ACTUALY TALKS ABOUT THE PROBLEMS ABOUT LIFE IT CAN BE SERIOS,FUNNY,AND ****EN AWSOME ROCK BANDS don't GET INTO FIGHTS BUT RAP ON THE OTHER HAND DISS EACHOTHERSO IF ROCKERS GOT INTO A FIGHT WIT RAPPERS THE RAPPERS WILL BE SHOOTING EACHOTHERSSO THERES MY POINT AND LETS SEES YOUR-reply by SCARAFACE109

If you listen to the right kind of music from both sides then you cant go wrong.rappers like lil wayne who are "cool" because they have cash, I don't consider that music its just showing off. rock such as fallout boy and gay boy bands like that, if they would spend less time trying to be cool and more time learning how to play more than 3 chords on a guitar they wouldnt be so bad.

rappers who don't rap about money are okay with me. Even though I prefer rock, I will listen to biggie and NWA sometimes, they're pritty good and have clever/good lyricsRock bands who can sing and play instruments is what I like the best. Classic rock ('65-'75) are all pritty much good too me. 80's bands who would just dress up and have rediculous hair styles never really made that much good music but I do enjoy metal from the 80's (Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc..)

overall, id say rock is better

-reply by guest1234

<p>If you listen to the right kind of music from both sides then you cant go wrong.rappers like lil wayne who are "cool" because they have cash, I don't consider that music its just showing off. rock such as fallout boy and gay boy bands like that, if they would spend less time trying to be cool and more time learning how to play more than 3 chords on a guitar they wouldnt be so bad. </p><p>rappers who don't rap about money are okay with me. Even though I prefer rock, I will listen to biggie and NWA sometimes, they're pritty good and have clever/good lyricsRock bands who can sing and play instruments is what I like the best. Classic rock ('65-'75) are all pritty much good too me. 80's bands who would just dress up and have rediculous hair styles never really made that much good music but I do enjoy metal from the 80's (Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc..)</p>
<p>overall, id say rock is better</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>-reply by guest1234</em></p>
<p> </p>

Who cares? They're making tons of money rapping about those types of things so why would they stop? Answer: They won't :D

I like both rock and rap.but not rock n roll.... I like death core :DMy Playlist:Rap:Eminem50CentT.I.Soulja Boy !!!! YEAH!!!!! Superman Dat!!Plus alot more hardcore rappers i cant think of right now lolRock/Metal:Bullet For My ValentineFive Finger Death PunchAll That RemainsBring Me The HotizonAll Shall PerishSlipknotSlayer <--- sorta classicPlus alot more i cant think of :Pthats just off the top of my head

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

bullsht.Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

I don't see why people go by genres; I personally have no favorite.Music should be judged [not the right word, I know] by who's singing it, what's the song about, why does it speak to you.If a person is truly passionate about music, genre shouldn't mean sht.<33

-reply by ajhs