xisto Community
soleimanian

Create A Hidden Folder

Anybody know how to do that using cmd?By just clicking the bat fileRename to alt+255Change icon to that empty oneAnd reverse it for access again-reply by Paul Robinson

Haha, I used this for my shortcut folders on my desktop. I really do not like the look of any icons/folders on my desktop so I just make them invisible. To create multiple folders within the same directory, you just need to add two+ null characters (Alt+255).

I made the folder with the name being blank cause of the null character. But I'm trying to delete it which it wont let me. How can I remove this folder?

how to make a hidden folderCreate A Hidden Folder

HIIIII 

I used this trick and its work

Make a new folder

rename the folder and type with Alt key 0160 then hit enter

the folder name is hide

Now,

right click on folder and select propertiesSelect customize tab and click on “change icon”, a dialog box appearsClick on an empty area and click ok

Enjoy Boys enjoy

-reply by Gopal

Create a hidden folder

this way is diffrent from common hide command in folder properties

There are many utility programs that allow you to protect, encrypt and hide your folders

But these programs are expensive and may damage your system

You can windows XP ability to create hidden folders, follow me

1- create a folder

2- right click on folder and select properties

3- select customize tab and click on âchange iconâ, a dialog box appears

4- click on an empty area and click ok

====================================

Posted Image

====================================

5- now, you should rename your folder, press F2 and then hold down ALT and type 255 and finally press ENTER :D:)

This is a very good technique. This really is because no one can ever get a hint of it. Yes there is a problem as mentioned by one poster that it becomes visible when you select all the files and folders in the explorer but still it can remain hidden if no one has the idea of such a hidden file existing somewhere in the neighbourhood. I think I must visit the site mentioned by you for other such handsome techniques because it is these techniques that differentiate a good computer user from an intelligent one

Nice and old feature to create such a hidden folder, I remember I tried it and it was quite fun and showed it to somebody to, was quite a laugh, also this "hack" remind me of the "hack" when at school computers we used to hide the windows login window by dragging it to the left bottom corner as far as possible and it was quite invisible for people to find, especially without knowledge how to use the computer :D

CREATING A HIDDEN FOLDERCreate A Hidden Folder

That is not working!

To Create A Hidden Folder,,,

1. Make A Folder

2. Right Click On The Folder

3. Click "Hidden" On the General Tab

4. Press Enter

*To View the Folder*

1. Type the Adress/Location Of The Folder in The Adress Bar (Drive:/Location/Name of The Folder) e.X. C:/Documents and Settings/123

-reply by Darwin

or just go folder view and tick (untick) show (do not show) hidden files to view hidden folder
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)