xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pokbunnag

Paintshop Or Photoshop: Better For Web-graphics ?

Anyone here use Paint Shop Pro?I would like to know that which one is better for designing a Web between Paintshop Pro and Photoshop.I feel that Photoshop is realize with a picture, not mostly for web.

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
Pokbunnag aka Poqepaq - so u joined up with another nickname eh ? Anyway, since you're a non-native english speaker, we're going to be lenient about this. But make sure you READ the forum descriptions carefully before making a post. The tutorials section isn't there for asking questions - for such questions use the Graphics Design related forums.
Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

either program is fine it all depends on what you can do with it, i choose photoshop since it the first real graphics program that i have used so i will be sticking with it for quite sometime.

PaintShop is just simple enough for beginner. But if you want to reach Art-of-design, Photoshop is the choice. For a web, photoshop is better. Don't you see that all professional web-templates include a photoshop file for editing. Why? Because the designer used photoshop to make the design.

recently i had to provide some artwork for a magazine that i was contributing to. i currently have psp7 !?!the .psp file format isnt even recognised by photoshop cs2 - it thinks it is a prefrences file. when i saved as a .eps the file didnt work on photoshop. so i had to use a .tif for what needed to be vector graphics.just to say that if you ever want to be serious about this area you need photoshop.

I totally 100% agree with R1chard.f5. Paintshop is really for beginners to get used to working with graphics for the first time. But with Photoshop you have to be careful not to overdo it because it has so many features that can be used all at once.

Microsoft's PaintShopPro is ideal for beginners. I mean, after all, it's incredibally easy to function. But what you get out of it really doesn't fit the designing needs of today's websites.On the other hand, Adobe PhotoShop is common among, well, almost every professional website. It's just really hard to understand, and the tutorials on the Internet aren't really good. So it's harder, but the best things are.

Well i kinda started with the all-rounded Macromedia Fireworks. You can basically do everything you can in Photoshop but with imageready together in that one program. Its great for beginners but as you move up along, you'd like more opportunities and tools and more complex graphics so you'll most likely choose photoshop as its like a Graphic Designer's best friend.

Defiantly Adobe Photoshop, more options and has more resources out there for you. The many people that use Photoshop can't be wrong, it's the most prefered program.

For me, neither.I much prefer Macromedia Fireworks, now known as Adobe Fireworks :huh:, as it gives you a lot of control where to position your layers in you canvas, and resizing is a doddle.However, for intensive graphics, go for the best, which is Photoshop. The only true lacking thing in Fireworks is the depth and control of Styles and Effects you get in PS.I tried PSP once and didn't like it one bit. It is cheaper, and many recommend it for novices - intermediates. But your experts want to be on PS.

either program is fine, but i'd say photoshop definitely rocks all. you can like do the most with it and it's really compatible and it's REALLY good. but if you're going for freeware cause photoshop's like 100$, i'd go forrr GIMP...it has like all the same things as photoshop (excluding a couple), and considering it's freeware, i think you're getting a pretty good deal.

Anyone here use Paint Shop Pro?

I would like to know that which one is better for designing a Web between Paintshop Pro and Photoshop.

I feel that Photoshop is realize with a picture, not mostly for web.

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
  Pokbunnag aka Poqepaq - so u joined up with another nickname eh ? Anyway, since you're a non-native english speaker, we're going to be lenient about this. But make sure you READ the forum descriptions carefully before making a post. The tutorials section isn't there for asking questions - for such questions use the Graphics Design related forums.

1064332925[/snapback]

i feel image ready is better for wev designing