xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Free Flash Chat Room

I think there's no such a thing. If you really want to do that, you can do the coding yourself. Write a chat client for yourself. I know one that suit your need, but it's not free.Anyway, a flash chat room like that need some extra server-side installation. Which can't be done by YOU. If you really need a chat room for your site. You can try looking for a free chat room provider instead.

how i get flash chat room for my website.

Free Flash Chat Room

Pls tell me how I get flash chat room for my website free. Thanx

-reply by funsmaza

Free Flash Chat rooms are available all over the internet. Go to google and search for "Free Flash Chat", you will find many free flash chat rooms for your web site. Choice any one of them and add to your web site.

MiniChat , 123 Flash Chat, CustomChat Server, x Chat LE, FlashPioneer Video Chat, AliveChat BETA, KewlTalk Chat etc so many freeware are are available in internet. If you lazy enough to find that freeware, just use following link to download free flash chat.

http://www.tinit.co.uk/?s=miniChat
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.customchat.com/download/Windows/VM/ccinst.exe

You could developer your own Flash chat room that utilises a database to store messages and PHP for data transfer.

On the other hand, you can use Adobe Flex (which uses Flash Player) as the front-end of a Flash chat room application and BlazeDS, a server-based Java remoting and web messaging technology, for the back-end processing.

More information:
https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Why flash?,I still haven't done alot of java ajax scripting, i only did one script. But from what i know it sends and retreaves info from the server without refreshing the page. So what you can do is first create a table in your database to hold the chat inputs.Then make a php script that shows the latest 20 inputs for example. Finally make a java function and ajax to view those latest inputs everytime chat is pushed by the user, also you wouldn't want your user to click chat to keep reading new inputs, so you can make an automated 5 second updater or so. Is this better or should i search for flash chat too?

Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

I also didn't get why do someone really need a flash chat, it may look cooler, but why use a chat anyway, there are plenty of chats already, why not just use some messenger or gmail.. I've never really liked flash or those intros, unless it's merged very well and now the only benefit of flash I see watching videos, but it could have been made in some other way too.. I think that using a php+ajax web chat is much better, even better would be to not use any chat, a simple shout box can do :rolleyes:

I know how to get a free chatroomFree Flash Chat Room

Just go on to Xat, they have all the flash player stuff, my computers old and the chatroom works, just go on to Xat, and click on make a chat room and it lets you make your own chat room all for free! and then you can copy the code or they can send it to your site! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

-reply by Toni500