xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bttfpromo

Am I the only one who hates Win.ME?

Windows ME is like the Mach kernel (GNU), it contains the biggest flaws u can have, it makes some itself, it has its own rules, hard to understand. It is because they try to make it work, but fits unreasonable "fixes", yet it makes it harder; just like in WIN ME.xboxrulz

Yeap I used to have a Windows ME PC when I bought a computer from Dell a few years back. It was still alright for the beginning until when you need to install additional applications or add on devices or hardwares. The OS may hang or even got stuck at the "Blue Screen of Death" when a flashdisk is inserted in the USB port when it thought to be hot-plugging. Installation of drivers were worst. They seemed not to work even the drivers were of correct versions.I noticed that after 6 months from the time when Windows ME was released, it was never produced again. Soon Windows XP took over and I've upgraded to it. Well I think Windows ME is a tactic from Microsoft to "trial" the responds of the public so as to earn extra upgrade profits when customers were "forced" to purchase Windows XP to replace the problematic OS. Since than I've never installed Windows ME and in any case when needed, I would install the older Windows 98SE.

ME is the most unstable release of windows ever. I have it on a thinkpad laptop, and goodness gracios, it crashes every other second. i thought it would be better than win 2k, and that turned out to be completely wrong.

OH NO Win Me!!!  :P It's the worst windows version, the w.o.r.s.t!!!

6092[/snapback]

Windows 97 is the worst windows version. I doubt anyone in this world still use it. NO-ONE, and I really mean NO-ONE uses 97 anymore. So I think that version was worse than ME.

I remember that I used to have Windows Me as it shipped with my new computer back in the day. All I remember was that I was very frustrated and was always finding myself having to restart my computer as it froze constantly. Then there was that annoying little box that served no purpose that showed up every time you would start windows up. Ahh. And as for Windows 97, I never got the chance to use it (maybe that's a good tihing) but I am aware of it. It's funny because most people don't even know that Windows 97 existed. I am currrently using Windows XP, and even though it does still have some drawbacks, none of them are big enough to prevent you from enjoying your computing experience.

I got a win ME computer for my birthday back a couple years ago. It's still chugging along fine, except the shutdown command doesn't work, I restart it every 15 minutes because of BSOD, I lost countless files because of faulty system restore, and the real kicker: It corrupted the hard drive it was on after a reinstall, so I lost my 100 gb hard drive. P.S.- Was win 97 a special release over in england or something?, because i never heard of it in the states before today.

Windows 97 was the wierdest OS that I ever saw. I don't even know if it really existed or not. I have a vaque memory of my moms old laptop running it at her job, but so far i have been unable to find any informatino on it.P.S. - Windows ME SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-GotenX/Mrbradeli

I have Windows ME (which I received for free through some connections) on my old laptop. (It was already used when I bought it.) Although I sometimes ran into some problems, there weren't really any serious problems...that is until earlier this year when I ended up reformatting the hard drive and re-installing the OS. Mind you I've had the computer for about 5 years and I'm still amazed it's still working. On the newer computer I have Windows XP Home and it's so much better.So..basically, Windows ME is fine if you just want to use the computer as a word processor and not much more.

From my own experience - windows millenium is the biggest mistake ever made by microsoft. I had to install that os after my windows 98SE crashed and I had nothing except Windows Millenium cd, so I installed it.. Problems started when I was tring to install Direct X8.1, it would never let me do that. And as I was really int games I was desperate to fix the problem but nvere found a solution. Later on I've heard that I got a "glitchy" version of WinMe, so I tried it again, but no... The problem now was with drivers for motherboard which couldnt be recognized. After that accident I never tried win me again and never recommended it to my friends.