xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bttfpromo

Am I the only one who hates Win.ME?

ME really isn't that bad. Sure it had holes, but it worked. I got Blue Screens of Death everyone once in a while, but it wasn't too common.Now I'm using XP Home though. I really needed a change. I DO still get Blue Screens of Death though, so don't think you're safe from them if you have XP.

I think that ME was the worst release of OS from M$.It looked good on the outside but had major problemswith third party addon hardware. After a few BSODsI decided to happily go back to W98SE instead ofgoing ahead to WXP. Too many things happeningbehind the scene in XP for my comfort. heh.

Wnidows ME was the worst thing that i'd ever seen!Every 5 minutes: Blue scren of death or restart!!!Win98SE was better, WAY BETTER!!!I'm SOOO glad I switched to win2k proI would've kept 2kpro but I could find drivers for my Lan card.Then I just had to go to XP...OHHHHH Well...

I used Win Me quite a lot. It's true it had a lot of BSOD but so did Win 98. Don't get me wrong I hate it too, but I hate the hole Windows stuff. Long Live Linux. It has pretty hard to me to adapt to Windows Xp. At first I uninstalled Win Xp and reinstalled Win Me, but that times are long over.

WinME is the most unstable Windows version that I have ever experienced!It's a tiny bit different from Win98SE, but it crashes every hour (gives blue screens, freezes up or simply restarts) and is way slower.As soon as I installed it, I was amazed to see such a lack of speed, a few days passed before I replaced it with good old' win98se.Now I am using winXP, of course.

as I said b4, I hate Windows ME, it sucks even more than Windows 3.1!! Good thing, I'm with Linux, no Microsoft crap and best of all, Microsoft can't see what I'm doing, unless I go on my Windows XP partition*.xboxrulz*Rumour: It is found that Windows XP is a spyware, but Ad-Aware doesn't know that

i have WinME and it's just a *BLEEP*.i have an "old" PC, a typical Win98 computer. but one day, a virus ruined the disk data, and a neighbor offered me to install WinME for free, and I wasn't gonna say no, because i didn't know anything about it.damn mistake I did. anyway, I can't switch to linux (a friend of mine offered me redhat) because my dad uses it (i'm 14 and live with them, yes...) for office stuff (word, excel, mail, etc.) and i can't convince him he can do all that on linux.

You know, I have a friend who uses ME, and all he ever wants to do is the same thing, go on the computer. He has like half DSL, because he has to dial into DSL, and it's really slow, like 56K slow, theres just not dial in sounds. His computer freezes all the time (except that stopped when I installed Firefox on it for him). All I'm hoping is that Windows Vista won't be another ME. 98SE to ME like XP to Vista. Let's hope Vista is like a 3.1 to XP jump lol.

yeah i wasn't to fond of it myself, i had it on my gateway 2k laptop and was blech im somewhat glad XP came out.