xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bttfpromo

Am I the only one who hates Win.ME?

Windows ME was where they first started to try and combine Windows NT and Windows 98. It failed miserably, and is widely-known for its shortcomings and general bugs and annoyances.
I've had quite a few BSODs on Windows 2000 Professional, but I am yet to see one on Windows 2000 Advanced Server (although I do use Professional a lot more than AS). Still, it is obviously no where near as many as with Windows 98/ME.

I used to have 98 SE, it wasn't too bad. But then again, I had Norton FW and AV at the time.. so, it was top-of-the-line in 2002. :D

Windows ME is the worst OS ever...I haven't used it, but I can tell...Its the most unstable version of windows, and the stupid thing doesn't have a DOS prompt....It was released AFTER Windows 2000, but it sucked big time compared to Windows 2000, infact it wasn't even better than Windows 95/98...Maybe it was a new version of Windows 3.1...no wait Windows 1.1! :D

is WinXP-Home as a generation/series of Win-ME or W9x?What is different between XP-Home and Prof, and between XP-Prof SP1-2-3-4?

all winXP versions are succesors of WinNT->Win2KHome edition is just Pro with some of the advanced features cut down. There are also Server and DataCenter editions that can take many more CPUs. The Service Packs are just updates and fixes from MS combined into one package. They began with NT, and then spread along the line all the way to XP.

You forgot to mention the difference between 98 SE and 98 FE.98 Second Edition is the "rebuilt" version of the original 98, minus all the security invurlerabilities and it is more stable.

all winXP versions are succesors of WinNT->Win2K

Yeah.. XP is really just WIN2000 with all the bubblegum features of 98, a new start menu and extra security holes :( . Win2000 is by far the most stable and secure OS put out by M$ to date. But I still wouldn't recommend it without a good firewall.

i don't hate windows ME, i find its the best os, windows xp is to complicated, windows 95-98 are to simple and 2000, i just hate it... i am currently using xp mainly because its not my comp and i cant afford my own..

win me is only surpassed by win97 for crappiness. I had that on my old system, jeez, it sucked so bad, it was pathetic. I would rather use buggy 95.... w/o USB support!!! I shudder to think what life would be like w/ME nowadays...

Not You are WrongI am also hates Windows ME.It is badest released from Microsoft.everyfive minutes Blue Screen of DeathMouse freez Keyboard not working system slowBad Bad BadNow I have Windows XP Professional and It is Best

nah dude, you ain't the only one. I hated ME when it came out and I still used '98 dammit ><! though I have XP now and I don't mind it so much.