xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Flashing For Candy Website Template

i thought id put this template into the graphics design forum because i want it rated on a purly design point of view not as a website or anything right now...

killer008r (ryan) and his ~IO~ clan wanted me to design his website for him...he said that i could come up with any crazy design or anything that i wanted as long as it included admins page, team page, info page, owner page, and a links page...

so i sat down and started messing around with photoshop....here is what i came up with...the site will be mainly viewed in 1024x768 (the width of the table is 800) it can be viewed in 800x600 but i opted not to optimize the site for that seeing as how most people can view it in 1024x768 anyways...it looks good in 1280x1024 as well...and works in any larger resolutions....

404.png

comments please :) (no this is not a stolen template - I DID DESIGN THIS BY MYSELF)

Well... would have been better if you had put it online. Here, it looks a bit messy and too dark IMO. Maybe it'll look better once you put it up. Right now, the contrast between Asta's layout and your image is too high. Hard to comment.

Yea, it would be better if you put it online somewhere, but personaly I would not use it, but it looks quite original. :)

Like the rest of the other comments i agree that it doesn't look practical for a website. Firstly, in my opinion, there are too many pictures and 56k users will experience some difficulty oveer viewing it. I possible, you could apply it onto a real website then we could make better comments over the template. Of course, I'm still not exactly sure where you're putting where pictures should be and where you're just leaving as a "white"space background. Secondly, we really need to know what the website is gonna be about because that matters the most when dealing with template design.I also think that the pics for the navigation links should be smaller than the logo itself. Overall though, it looks pretty good. If you could change the font for the logo but keep its "tech-like" then it'll look awesome. Great template! Hope you're able to show us a working website using it! :)

im working on getting the site up for you all...and for myself...but there are a few main issues that i am having...the site is for killer008r and i cant get his hosting account to work with frontpage...it wont load...and i cant get into his cpanel (it saying the password and username are incorrect but they arent) he has always had problems with his hosting but idk...i think someone should just fix them once and for all....another thing that i just recently found out is...that the background color is only the same as the pics background color in opera...and firefox and other non-ie browsers...which is stupid but w/e...so i have to go back and change the background color in all the pics to the shad that ie reads (i have checked the hex codes and they are all the same...i dont get it but w/e) i will probably host that site on my hosting to show you guys...but i have to get around to it first (and thats after i fix it)