xisto Community
soleimanian

Make Firefox Look Like Internet Explorer

Seriously, for a chap like me, I'd stay as far away from it as possible. I've had many problems with IE over the years and even though Firefox starts a little more sluggishly than IE, I want it to have a non-IE look.On the other hand, this would a great way to open up Firefox to new and existing users of IE. A lot of them require hand-holding to wean them off the most used browser on the planet. Speaking of which Firefox 1.5 will be released within the next few days if no more correctable bugs are found. It now has a 10% market share although what with Opera 8.5 being released as freeware will face stiffer competition.Good Links though. John Haller is also famous for compiling "portable" versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, which allow a user to run them off a USB memory stick without any installation required.

Hahahaha :P;) ROFLWhy would someone want to do this! I fully support sparx's view: stay away from it as far as possible!This my comment is not meant to belittle the work of the coder/developer or whatever he is. Great work - wrong subject! :P How about making IE look like Firefox? I'd install that immediately :P curare(knowing that it's easier to make firefox look like IE than vice-versa)

I did not like the screenshot, but it may be useful to make look your firefox as ie, but i still can't figure out an example, maybe for stupid friends who are afraid to use Firefox ;)

I also agree 100% with sparx! Internet Explorer caused me many problems and frozen screens but when I got Mozilla Firefox, everything was running more smoother. I also think that the Internet Explorer layout looks nothing compared to Mozilla Firefox's, if I were you guys I wouldn't go near Internet Explorer are all! ;)

Hmmm... I wonder if having an IE theme would make it run like IE and crash my computer 6 websites later... ;)It looks almost identical to IE in the screenshot. I want to know how it would look with multiple tabs.

hi

Now you can make Firefox look like Internet Explorer!!? ;)

Here is screen shot

http://johnhaller.com/

just go to below website and follow steps

http://johnhaller.com/useful-stuff/make-firefox-look-like-internet-explorer

:P

1064329987[/snapback]

Why should I change the skin of FF to IE's. The FF's one is cooler. And IE don't look good at all. So many people hate it.

I think we should use a skin provided by Mozilla instead, that may make the dear FireFox become more beautiful. (Is FireFox male or female, didn't know yet)

Hahahaha :P;) ROFL

Why would someone want to do this! I fully support sparx's view: stay away from it as far as possible!

This my comment is not meant to belittle the work of the coder/developer or whatever he is. Great work - wrong subject!  :P  How about making IE look like Firefox? I'd install that immediately  :P

curare

(knowing that it's easier to make firefox look like IE than vice-versa)

1064329996[/snapback]

I agree...well, with some stuff anyways. Ok, even if there is a theme for IE to look like Firefox, I still wouldn't touch it because a theme is just a theme... it isn't the core with all the security holes. I stay as far away from IE as possible and only use it when I have to (e.g. incompatable websites, at school on Windows 98 machines) otherwise, I just use Portable Firefox.

Curare, why would you install IE that looks like Firefox? Just because it LOOKS like it, DOSEN'T mean that it is it...

[N]F

Can this thread be closed already? No one wants to remember the bugs and freezes and crashes of IE. I don't know anyone who would use it. Most people who still use IE use it because there computer isn't good enough to run it. So when they got Firefox I'm sure they would be happy to have a new look. I'm sure more people have done the same thing as well. Honestly. There is no point.

Curare, why would you install IE that looks like Firefox? Just because it LOOKS like it, DOSEN'T mean that it is it...

Well, dear nightfox,

I am aware of the fact that just because it looks like it doesn't mean that it is it, thank you for the hint :) Why I would install it is simply because it looks like it. That's what it would have been made for, isn't it? And as has been mentioned already, there are some websites that are incompatible to Firefox. Period. And that's the reason why I would USE it.

So the answer you seek is embedded in the question, I'd say ;)