xisto Community
Cassandra1405241487

AVRack: What Is It?

I have a Realtek onboard 'sound card'. When I installed the driver, configuration utility, and other such odds and ends, it also installed something called "AvRack", with some shortcuts. I have no idea what it is, and by running it I only get the impression that it's some kind of audio player.Could someone give me some more detail as to what it's supposed to be and do?

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I have a Realtek onboard 'sound card'. When I installed the driver, configuration utility, and other such odds and ends, it also installed something called "AvRack", with some shortcuts. I have no idea what it is, and by running it I only get the impression that it's some kind of audio player.
Could someone give me some more detail as to what it's supposed to be and do?

As far as I can tell, it's part of the driver package for your soundcard... For some crazy reason, the makers of your soundcard (and mine) have decided that you'll need a seperate player to enable you to play your media files.. I've just ignored the thing and continue to use Mickeysoft's Media player, but if you want a real good player with none of the Mickeysoft additional junk which loads with it, I'd suggest searching for "zoom player" it works great and loads in 1/4 of the time that it takes Media Player to wake up and start working... Hope that helps you out :o

I have a Realtek onboard 'sound card'. When I installed the driver, configuration utility, and other such odds and ends, it also installed something called "AvRack", with some shortcuts. I have no idea what it is, and by running it I only get the impression that it's some kind of audio player.
Could someone give me some more detail as to what it's supposed to be and do?

AvRack comes with the RealTek AC97 audio driver(that is the onboard sound card on most motherboards). You can use AvRack as a media player but as suggested by ponies, there are much better alternatives available. You should also remove AvRack from Windows Startup as its of no use at all.

If you enjoy good music reproduction AVRACK is the one to use with your subwoofer. it will also play video music with a small video screen. It is apparently made by realtek and all their stuff that I have used is better. enjoy-crackerjack

What is AvRack?

Replying to Cassandra

It is an excellent small programme that allows you to convert music from your audio cassettes to wave files, save it in your computer and if you so desire, convert into MP3 files and burn into CDs.

I spent some 15 hours trying out the various configurations and achieve a very satisfactory level of wave/MP3 files. Great programme.

-Ramesh Bhat

AvRack

I'm glad to know what it is. I have been trying to find a way to convert audio I made of my brother who passed away into CDS. Does anyone know the process? What connections do I use? Thanks

-Pat Ueland

As far as I can tell, it's part of the driver package for your soundcard... For some crazy reason, the makers of your soundcard (and mine) have decided that you'll need a seperate player to enable you to play your media files.. I've just ignored the thing and continue to use Mickeysoft's Media player, but if you want a real good player with none of the Mickeysoft additional junk which loads with it, I'd suggest searching for "zoom player" it works great and loads in 1/4 of the time that it takes Media Player to wake up and start working... Hope that helps you out Cassandra Posted Nov 13 2005, 07:29 AM I have a Realtek onboard 'sound card'. When I installed the driver, configuration utility, and other such odds and ends, it also installed something called "AvRack", with some shortcuts. I have no idea what it is, and by running it I only get the impression that it's some kind of audio player.

I had "Avrack" on my old PC running XP/SP2. It was useful because one could use it to modify the key up or down up to four half steps. This prgram does not work on my Vista machine. Is there a version of AVrack that will work on Vista so that the sound key van be modified?-question by Terry

I had "Avrack" on my old PC running XP/SP2. It was useful because one could use it to modify the key up or down up to four half steps. This prgram does not work on my Vista machine. Is there a version of AVrack that will work on Vista so that the sound key van be modified?

-question by Terry

Terry, have a look here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Features

* Meets performance requirements for audio on PC99/2001 systems

* Meets Microsoft WHQL/WLP 2.0 audio requirements

* Eight-channel DA converter (48KHz)

* Stereo AD converter (48KHz)

* Complies with AC'97 Rev 2.3 specifications:

o Jack sensing on Front-Out, Surround-Out, Cen/LFE-Out, Surround-Back-Out, Mic-In, Line-In, and Front-Mic-In

o Clock input support options:

+ 14.318MHz PLL (may be set to 24.576MHz) to eliminate crystal

+ 12.288MHz BITCLK input

o Integrated PCBEEP generator

o Interrupt capability

o Page and analog Plug & Play registers

* Three analog line-level stereo inputs with 5-bit volume control: Line-In, CD, Aux

* High-quality differential CD input

* Two analog line-level mono inputs: PCBEEP, Phone-In

* A dedicated stereo Front-Mic input for front panel applications

* Line-In, Aux, and Mic-In can be shared with Surround-Out, Surround-Back-Out, and Cen/LFE-Out. (FlexJack®)

* +20dB boost preamplifier for Mic input

* Both Front-Out and Surround-Out integrate 50mW/20ohm amplifiers

* External Amplifier Power Down (EAPD)

* Power management and enhanced power saving features

* Stereo Mic record for AEC/BF application

* Supports Power-Off CD operation

* Adjustable VREFOUT control

* Supports 48KHz S/PDIF output

* Supports 32K/44.1K/48KHz S/PDIF input

* Three Universal Audio Jacks (UAJ®): Front-Out, Line-In, and Mic-In

* Six Jack Detect pins for automatic jack sensing

* Power support: Digital: 3.3V; Analog: 3.3V/5V

* Standard 48-pin LQFP package

* EAX™ 1.0 & 2.0 compatible

* Direct Sound 3D™ compatible

* A3D™ compatible

* I3DL2 compatible

* HRTF 3D positional audio

* Sensaura™ 3D Enhancement (optional)

* 10-band Software Equalizer

* Voice cancellation and key shifting in Karaoke mode

* AVRack® Media Player

* Configuration Panel for enhanced user experience

It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.

Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.

Replying to yordanThanks yordan. Your suggestion got me going in the right direction. I wound up downloading and installing the latest Realtek driver. With this driver, I can adjust the key by going to the control panel, clicking the sound icon, higlighting the analog driver, then properties, then enhancements and selecting ptich shift. It works just fine.Thanks again.-reply by terry

where do i find avrack?

By a mistake I unistalled avrack from my computer and it makes no sounds anymore. :(

Does somebody know where do I find it to download it again? is the installation any complicated?

AvRack -vs_ Windows Media Player

Thanks guys for the info on AvRack; However I also have Windows Media Player. What is the difference between the two? Do I need them both? Forgive me if I sound stupid ( Just an old lady trying to fit into this computer age LOL!)

-question by Shirley

Voice Supression VeyAVRack: What Is It?

I recently downloaded the AvRack recording/listening software. I enjoy it.

Can anyone tell me how to use the "voice suppression key"? Any where to find on-line help?

Thanks!

Jean-François

-question by Jean-François