xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Contest: Design IPB Skins, Prove Your Worth All graphics designers out there

Guys - seems like it's picking up :) Carry on - all the best to you all...As for your queries: No the invision powerboard logo doesn't need to be there - as (remember the earlier Ambience Skin) - that place will be taken over by the Xisto logo/title... Awaiting breathlessly to see the results pouring in ..

Ahh no, finaldesign is entering the competition. All my chances are gone :):P anyway, my skin (beta version) is almost finished. I'll show it as soon as possible.

-=jeroen=-

1064331065[/snapback]

;) I love the competition ;)

Heh, this topic was started in the begining of November, and now, almost 1 month later, people are starting to respond.Are mods allowed to participate in this? If they can, I may try to design one. I may not have the patience, though, and I might get bored half-way through...

Yup - it's open to all - coz the whole point of this is for the betterment of our board. The credits come from me personally ;)Also once we start getting the entries in, I'll make some showcase and put them up there - and maybe attach a public opninion poll too.. Let the WAR Begin :)

Well Szupie, I participated from the beginning. Only problem was that I didn't have much time so I couldn't work much on it. Anyway, why should mods not be allowed to participate? Can be pretty good skinners as well, can't they :)-=jeroen=-

I wasn't sure, since ms^e said this:

if your design is really brilliant and unanymously voted for by the whole moderating team.

If mods are going to be judges, they may not be able to participate.

I only noticed this topic today because at first i thought it was part of the announcements and then when i saw it reached 3 pages i was like "hang on"

Enough about that, so i have a few questions aswell m^e did you only want the gdk you provided skinned or is there another gdk for the bg and tables an so on if so can you please advise :) otherwise i have already skinned the gdk it was really layed out well so just over an hour with colour schemes and so on..my psd is 7kbs more due to the logo4 having the Xisto logo and a few hidden layers i also added a few touches and effects of my own for that space age look you wanted and the file size will be the same if not smaller once optimised judgeing from my gdk zip which is also 181kbs.

Finally hes gona post the image heheh i wasnt sure about a watermark but i went with it anyway, if you are going to put them in a poll just pm me and i will supply one without a watermark for clarity, please check for spelling mistakes or even parts with miss moding as even i make mistakes.

Now im almost positive i can tweak the colour scheme to fit perfectly if i could see it in a board so m^e maybe a dummy board would be good because im not sure about certain pieces for example the 2 biggest pieces just left of the main logo i think these are to fill left right and under the main logo but i am no sure, if that is the case you can clearly see mine wont blend. Please get back to me on this before final submission.

This scheme is based on the old Xisto logo4 but now with a space age touch

Posted Image

-----Post edited as requested-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Oh ho ho - what can I say - real nice and classy :) Damn, you're good man.Okay, I'd definitely need a watermark free copy to showcase it on an IPB skin.. but not right now. Am setting up a dummy board so we can test all the skins there. I don't think there's any other skinning GDK that enables you to plug all this in - at least I'm not aware of it. So what I intend to do is take the standard skin and replace all the elements.. The standard skin is fast loading and with changed elements will look real cool.So whenever the dummy board is ready, I'll get the watermark free copies from you and put them up there.. So will it be for other entries .. and then we can take an opinion poll there.PSD filesize wouldn't really matter, coz in the end it'll be all individual small bits of graphics.Regards,m^e

I just stumbled over this thread... very interesting.Sorry, I cannot contribute to this, because I am not qualyfied (incompetent) in graphics design. But as a fan of this board I welcome a more sophisticated design. Things look good as the thread becomes more and more active and the results posted so far look very good. Looking forward to the new design whatever it will be,

I took a little time and test this skin on my own local server. Here is a screenshoot of my skin in use:
Xisto-SkinPreview_by_Final-Design.png

And this is some basic color guide for making CSS styles in IBP forum... Anyway if my skin is selected I'll make whole skinning ready just for importing to IPB control panel... :)
Basic Color Guideliness.png