xisto Community
twitch

What's Your Profession? Let the community see who you are

Join us in this simple survey about your Profession. Presently, you are:  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me? I have been working as a Carpenter/Builder for too long.I find it is very hard on my old body, so I m hopeful that I can rejuvenate some skills I once had in the Computer field. For example: Web Design and small coding tasks. Used to be involved in writing Cobol applications, but went to work in the field of Woodworking about 20 yrs ago. That's long enough. I am getting weary from straining myself.

Just graduated college after 5 long years. Right now I'm a computer technician fixing hardware problems for PC's, Macs and printers. Pay is not exactly the best (nor average), but hopefully the experience I hope to gain from it will be well worth it :)

I chose uni student, but I'm in a co-op program so I do classes for 4 months, work full time for 4 months (programming usually) then study 4 months, work 4 months, repeat until I graduate lol. Its a good deal, should acually have limited debt when its all over and have some good jobes lined up for full time when I'm done. Might fall through but it's looking promising currently. Wee.Currently I'm in classes but I start a C++ coding job in January w00

hello asta people, right now i'm studying engineer of systems, and it's pretty cool,this year i earn a job into my college, in the virtual university section,and since then i'm the happiest man in this lands,i live with my brother and have a beautyful girl on my side, and also many friends that come in the evenning to talk and drink wine, so what else can i ask?

I am student and I am to the university of Ca Foscari in Italy to Venice.Ca Foscari is a university of scientific matters many complex like chemistry, mathematics, physics, Biology, eccettera. my address of the university is Sciences acclimatizes them. What makes sciences acclimatizes them? It studies all the types of matter reported to the planet earth and the impacts it acclimatizes them that is (in which the man he ruins the atmosphere with whichever structure or to the disasters he acclimatizes them.

I'm a college student at St. Clair in Windsor, Ontario.1st year in chemistry, it get quite tough sometimes but you just have to keep going I guess.Another thing I also noticed once in college you become your student ID # I thought this was a joke when i was in high school but its true here. they dont even want your name on reports just your number lol :)

Huh! I guess I come in the 13% of those who are employed.How I would wish to move on and become self-employed; but I should say I do not have the guts yet to lash out on my own. I am presently working in a Consutlancy company as a Assistant System Engineer. I know, the title seems a bit dorky. May be, I am a bit dorky. I do have other things that occupy my mind when I am not working, or sleeping, or doing other daily chores.[Psst:Got a lot to discuss! Not much time now. I am hungry and need to move away].

Well, for about four years I was US Marine Infantry, though I did plenty of other "side jobs," force security, anti-terrorism, marksmanship instructor. Now, I go to school at Indiana/Purdue University of Indianapolis as a New Media major. I occupy my free time coding my own MUD.

Oh wow! The Students vote is beating everyone else's!! OK so you guessed it, I'm a high school student here as a freshman. I just moved from Singapore to the U.S. and so far everything's been fine. Except for the fact that the schools generally don't accept you as being "smart". For instance, I've already taken multiple courses on web design, javascript, visual basic and whatnot and extremely want to skip these extra courses but they are required as pre-requisites to the more advanced courses. Thus freedom here is very limited. I cannot say what i like because there are plenty. I do enjoy playing around in Photoshop designing a nice new little sig but those are occasional past times that i do when I've got the time or when I'm just hanging about without any homework. I like to bowl alot, people say i draw pretty well but personally i just draw to get my A in class. :D I like to write, especially fiction short stories. I also like the math and sciences and i usual do well in them in class. My personal goals are to be able to understand more computer languages, stay nerd-jock (Sports and studies CAN mix remember that!), and get to a good university.

Yep, I'm a student too.I'd like to go into computer science or computer graphics ...Being a student seems like a job sometimes, I've been working morning until night!Which means I don't really have time to be hanging around here, but my hosting means have just run out! Aiyeee.

Like many other people here, I am still a student in high school. I am in the class of 2008 here in the United States and am a rising sophmore. Anyways, I have my mind made up to go to the Art Institute of Graphic Design in California or Virginia Commonwealth University (probably the former) and major in web and graphic design, or something of sort. I, myself, like fiddling around in Photoshop and usually just sit in front of a computer all day looking and web and graphic design tutorials (I'm such a geek). Unfortunately, I have extremely small experience in Photoshop CS or CS2 as I work with the extremely old Photoshop 6.0 (I really need to upgrade).

well i'm engineering student. Just gave my first year finals and enjoying vacations..I'm talking my degree from mumbai university in Electronics and Telecommunication field..

I'm a grade11 (well as of two days when exams are finished (only my world religions exam to go )) I'll be in gr12. I plan on either going into marketing, writing,animation (I'm REAllY good at anime (self proclaimed) or my first choise Pshychiatry (however I can't spell to save my life. Sad when I can't even spell an Occupation I've wanted to go into for years and at my age!)