xisto Community
marco1405241510

Best MP3 Player

ok, so if you sum this post up, its like this:

Best Mp3 player software: WINAMP

Best Mp3 player hardware: iPod

1064329905[/snapback]

ah no!!!!!!!!! best mp3 player software: Winamp

best Mp3 player hardware: iRiver or Creative.

the best i would have to say is iRiver even though i own a creative. they are much more full-featured than the creative, plus they are simply plug-and-play. no software to install. that's the beauty of it!

Apple iPods are too much of a fashion statement.

I expected the Archos to be elected as the best player. Having 20 to 80 gigabytes, having a display able to view DivX, I would state these players to be the best and the most universal players. Of course i don't have one for myself (I would be afraid walking on the street with a small thing costing $600 to $ 900, see http://www.archos.com/products/photo_video_product_list.html ), but I state them being the best ones (although the most exepensive ones) today.

archos is nice. but as i understood it, it was sort of a question of what was a good buy that balanced all features. The archos doesn't quite fit into that category. When they come down in price they'll be more competitive, but then again, by that time creative, iRiver, even iPod will all have much different models. I think they'll stay as a high-end tech gadget that few can afford.

IPods are great, but are also limited. Sure they are easy to use and have great customer service... but there is one HUGE drawback. After about a year of playing thousands (or what have you) of mp3s, your battery will die. You cannot recharge it, ever again. Now you either have to buy a new one, or send it back for them to fix. When you get it back, all your music will be gone, and you will probably have a completely different IPod. Doesn't that suck?I have an IRiver H10. It comes with a replacable battery. The only drawback is that you HAVE to have Windows XP and Windows Meda Player 10... so now you can't have Windows 95/98 2000, or any Apples (yet...) which kinda screws you in more ways than one... But if you can get around that, the IRiver is a great mp3 player to own.

Heh Daniel i think they are talking about "portable" mp3 players and last time i checked winamp doesnt make one not even for a PDA device. There are some real nifty gadgets out now especially from iRiver and Creative who i feel are leading the way, to me iPod feel they have broken into the market and have kicked back and relaxed. There is also out for a few months now the worlds smallest mp3 player which is 2.5 cm cubed if i am not mistaken and you can find out more about that at slashdot, as for me i chose to get a Sony Ericsson w900i - which is there walkman series mobile phoneand ive had it for a week now and its great, saves me carting around a phone and an mp3 player and with memory sticks now going up to 2 G i have plenty of space to store all the songs i need along with games as i listen to music, applications and all round goodness :)

I guess I need to put a rush on my mp3 purchase choice. My Creative Nomad Muvo from like 3 years ago has finally kicked the bucket. I might be able to trick it into working again, but it seems pretty messed up... still useable as a memory stick though but there seems to be a conflict between the memory portion and the actual player portion. Bleck.Now I just need to convince myself to drop the cash on an ipod or zen or iriver or some such :S

why can't people stick with CD players?

Maybe because you can't ear music while you are running down the street, the CD-player mechanics hate shocks, while mp3 players are fully electronic devices so they may be shaked without troubling the music.

I just bought an iRiver a couple of weeks ago. It's a smaller, older one, but that's okay because I only need the thing to hold about eight hours' worth of music. It's cheaper than Apple's similar offering (iPod Shuffle), has more options (FM radio tuner, voice recorder, that sort of thing) and - oh yeah - it's smaller than the Shuffle.Came with a warranty, the Web site's written entirely in English, and the thing's red, which is one of my favorite colors anyway. My only real complaint is that I can't just use iTunes, which is my computer MP3 player/CD burner software/online radio tuner/etc. anyway, to transfer files from my laptop to the MP3 player. But that's hardly iRiver's fault *grins* and it certainly wasn't worth shelling out a lot more money for an iPod just to have the privilege of using iTunes for file transfers.

So I got around to replaceing my dead mp3 player. Ended up getting an iRiver as well actually, the 1gig T30. Got it for a pretty good deal and it's serving me well. Good sound quality, nice menus... takes a bit to get used to setting up the sync options, but otherwise no complaints. I really wanted to get an iPod video but I couldn't bring myself to spending anywhere near that kind of cash when I could get one that holds 200ish songs and still leaves a few hundred dollars in my pocket haha. But yes, anyone looking for a reliable cheaper mp3 player, I would reccomend the iRivers (apparently the T10-T30 are all really good quality)

If you want some good look & fashion with a great performance my choice is the MPIO FL350

Features

* Built-in FM Tuner

* Backlit LCD Display

* 10 Hour Rechargeable Batery

* Supports MP3 WMA and ASF formats

* No Extra Software Required

* Built-in Voice Recorder

* Integrated Clock and Alarm

* Works as USB Storage Device

* 6 Preset EQ Modes

Posted Image

Taken from:MPIO Web Page :P:):D

Heh, I never expected iRiver to become international!! It's a Korean manufacturer, right? Hmm... I thought so, because I've seen advertisements about it, a lot, when I was in Korean watching TV.Yeah, I like the design but it looks a bit heavy when compared to the style. But hey, it's alright :P I'm fine with it.By the way, no-name brands really suck and nobody should buy 'em, unless they just want to risk it out and suffer the consequences later on. Buy 'em unless they're trustworthy and many people recommend it to you, epecially your close friends :)Man, I want an MP3 player myself. I lost two of them during the past and now I've stopped with music machines and am concentrating on my studies :D lolGood luck to you all - have a great day

Hey Jeigh, how is your iRiver? I really want to buy one because it's all the rage - it looks cool (from my friend's) and the quality is great as well (but I doubt it's the ultimate best). But anyway, I was asking if you have any pictures of your iRiver.And also, how much did it cost you for that thing? One more - what's the difference between T10 and T30?