xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pomjim

Free Photo Storage Sites. The good bad?

Well, there's always the ImageShack Photo Hosting Service. There are many things working for it...

* It's a decent provider that's been in business for a while
* It's totally free (unless you want to register to get a couple of extra options)
* It offers hosting of unlimited number of pictures in all the mainstream file formats (but it has a file-size limit of 1024 KB)
* It allows direct linking, meaning you can use the pictures you host there as a personal picture or avatar on blogs, product photo on ebay, etc.

All in all, it's a great solution if you don't have your own hosting space and need to get one with decent advantages for free. :)

I know I've used imageshack with decent results. A couple cool features like built in thumbnailing for forums and whatnot. As mentioned free and quality so basically its as good as you can ask for I guess. I think it has a few file type limitations and thats the only reason I ever used a different one once when I wanted to store pics of a different type and didn't feel like converting them all to one of the more standard image types. Regardless imageshack is my preferred choice during the rare occurance that I need an image host.

I use SpiderOak for free online photo sharing

Free Photo Storage Sites.

I use SpiderOak for free online photo sharing and computer backup with 2 GB free web space. I like it very much because there is no need to do manually update in my photos; SpiderOak automatically updates my documents whenever a change is made to them by me.

https://spideroak.com/

-reply by carolinee

The photo storage site that I use is photobucket. That site seems very secure in keeping your images private if you wish it to be private. Although there are certain way around the security of images which I am afraid will not tell. The service in itself is very well put together, it offers users to make different directories of photo contents and the user interface is very manageable although could be improved. But this photo storage service is probably the best that I have found on the internet. Others that I have tried like imageshack, myphotoalbum, and many others offers some different and unique features. But photobucket offers the basic features with out much errors. The functionality of the site is as good as it can get. Fast upload and provides the user with nifty things after the upload of the image such as a html tag box, direct link box and so on. This convenient feature offers the users the ability to just click in the box to grab the content to be placed in places, for example if a user wanted to post a image on a friends comment on myspace or a blog, the user just needs to select the html tag box and it automatically copies the html code ready for the user to paste in the comment or blog. Same goes for the link box which it copies the link and ready to paste of IM or whereever the user decide to place the content link.

Most of my friends are into http://www.friendster.com/, this is a free photo storage site, isn't it? Just like Facebook, MySpace, Multiply.com, etc..
Friendster had just added a new feature into their system where you can store and make albums of your most cherished photos. You can make albums available for public viewing or make it a private album that only persons you've granted access can see your photos.

Well, if your bother about it's storage capacities, Friendster now can store more than 400 photos into their system. Unlike before it can only store up to 30 or 50 photos. Anyways, it's data centers are constantly upgrading every month.

Photobucket--How private?

Free Photo Storage Sites.

Replying to kgd2006It seems that others can just look at your album name in any link you give them & then go to your albums on photobucket itself & be able to view all your pictures. How do you prevent that?

Thanks for any info.

-question by lilac2