xisto Community
smyke

Www.rapidshare.de a good place to place your files

Same problem here. I hate both of those services. I haven't been able to download a single file till date whether through direct connection or through a proxy. I always end up with the messages;

1. Your IP has exceeded the download limit for today

2. Your IP is x.x.x.x is downling blah blah file and you can't download any more till this is finished.

3. Your IP has downloaded blah MB and cannot download till next hour..

etc.

etc...

more etc.......revolving around those 3 messages.

For crying out loud - am using a ADSL link and of course there might be n number of different people who've used this IP prior to me.. but then, even when I disconnect and reconnect several times (my provider doesn't affix a particular IP to you.. it changes everytime you login - just like dialup) - but even that doesn't work.

What I think is they play a very smart trick - they block the whole segment from any ISP is a little heavy download is going on... everything about these sites just SCREAM OUT - GO GET THE PREMIUM SERVICE or else all you get is NADA.

Try this sometimes it may work.
This works only in firefox.

This is what you have to do.

Tools | Options | Privacy | Cookies | Exceptions

In the url box give the url of rapidshare.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This will prevent rapidshare putting cookies in your pc which in turn prevent them to know your identity and thus you will be able to download more than the limit.

If this is anyway against the TOS of this iste pls delete this post and also the credits with this post.

lol, i think rapidshare needs a little customer satisfaction training. Anyways they dont care, Most of the users use rapidshare, and i guess contries that use proxy are very less, so most dont even bother giving a flawless queue system.RegardsDhanesh

I think Uploadport.com is pretty good. It has a download limit of 1GB an hour (much better then the 50MB of Rapidshare) I'm not sure if you can upload without registering, I didn't have out to figure out how. You can download two items at a time (instead of one). The speed is normaly average to Rapidshare, sometimes in busy hours a bit lower but still very good compared to other sites.

-=jeroen=-

I have to say, whenever I try to download something there, it says the following error:

Too many connections from the same IP address... and they make me register for a premium account for unlimited parallel connections. How stupid.

Rapidshare, you stink.

I think http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
'>Uploadport.com is pretty good. It has a download limit of 1GB an hour (much better then the 50MB of Rapidshare) I'm not sure if you can upload without registering, I didn't have out to figure out how. You can download two items at a time (instead of one). The speed is normaly average to Rapidshare, sometimes in busy hours a bit lower but still very good compared to other sites.

-=jeroen=-

1064330411[/snapback]

I would test out uploadport.com but when i tried to upload something it said uploading was temporarily disabled. But it looks promising. Rapidshare though is getting out of control. Its pretty good speeds, but i'm not so sure i want to pay them money. I only use it once in a blue moon... so it owuld be pointless!

I dont recommend http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This size delete your files without alert you, suddenly your files will be deleted. Suspectly this was the same Rapidshare.com but in its European version.

Rapidshare are not relationed with rapidshare.de anymore.

My recomendations to all of you that want a great file hosting are: RAPIDSHARE.COM, MEGAUPLOAD.COM AND MEDIAFIRE.COM

Specially Mediafire.com where upload your files is totally free and download them is almost instantly.

UPLOAD.IN, EGOSHARE.COM AND OTHERS are a lose of time DONT UPLOAD YOUR FILES THERE...These sites put many limits to the downloaders.

I dont recommend http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/My recomendations to all of you that want a great file hosting are: RAPIDSHARE.COM

Do you really make a difference between rapidshare.de and rapidshare.com ? I would expect rapidshare.de to be the german part of rapidshare.com, and files uploaded by german poeple going to the .de machine, the other ones going somewhere else ?