xisto Community
kaputnik

Paper Thin Video Screen The morning news video?

It seems all too good to be true....at this rate, well be wearing silver and warping from planet to planet with a blink of an eye (or two) by tomorrow!I dont get it!If its paper thin, then even the wind can destroy it. If its that thin, then where are all the gadgets gonne be located?! If i look at my television, i can see why its so fat! It has tonnnes of gadgets and hot sruff in the back so where will all that go?!Shouldnt it be a little thicker?!

Not really too good to be true. Sony are experimenting with a new compact disk, that is made out of bio-degradable paper. It can contain more data that a DVD disk and is more secure than ever. Once you cut it from centre to edge (radius) then it is impossible to collate the data. If I find the article, I will post the link.As for the fragility of the new screen (paper), something doesn't need to be fragile if it is thin. Depending on what material it is made out of, it could be stronger than a titanium rod.

I love paper. From some of my stupid collegues, I only use paper for communicating. Because there is (almost) no harmful virus on paper. Which is not the case of any computer-related way of communicating. I even have seen viruses in digital camera memory cards. And, by the way, during winter general electric power failures, you can still read your paper-written news.

a box of serials, with instructions of usage, on the back of the box playing a demonstration movie instead of having out a few paragraphs on the most enticingly mouthwatering way to eat your crunchies.

I really don't think that will ever happen.Don't think producing paperthin-videoscreens will ever be more affordable than paint.

Be sure to buy a good warranty because you'll be needing it. I don't think there's any way to avoid it being easily damaged at all. Also, it will be expensive as heck if you think about it.