xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

Guild Wars: An Insider's Experience Might have alot of these about already..

It's been said that Guild Wars is very focused on its pvp side of the package. I don't see anything special about the pvp in this game at all. The name itself, hinting strategy and skill is not very well played in this game at all by at least 40% of the players i believe.

The pvp aspect of the game is quite special. However, you're right about a lot of players ignoring the strategy aspect. I can't emphasize enough that if you want to play the pvp side of the game, you need to get involved with a decent guild. Preferably one using voice chat. Pvp matches are a very rewarding experience when you're on an organized team that can respond and counter opposing strategies.
I don't think you mentioned what pvp arenas you were playing. But if it was random arena, then you haven't really experienced Guild Wars pvp. Random arena is just for fun, quick, skirmish type battles. Don't expect to find much in the way of strategy there. If you can find your way into a decent guild and participate in a guild vs. guild match, you will see the depth of the pvp gameplay.
Edited by presto (see edit history)

Guild of War's is great, though I wish the story was brought out in a better way. This game resembles KalOnline so much, I'm wondering which one was based on which one O_o? Haha, try KalOnline to see how Guild Wars is, I guess that's what I'm trying to say XDIt is a great game though! I'm still currently playing it and can't wait for Factions, the sequel, to come out. Already preordered it and ready to play anytime!